First try on Toronto Island Pike (no pike though)

Steelcat

I took the 8am ferry to Ward's Island. While I was in the ferry, there was a VERY nice lady with a dog sitting across me. She politely asked if I was going to fish. Then she suddenly "ordered" me to move away. I asked her why, and she replied, "Why are you killing all the fish? You know fishing kill will kill things right?" She then asked me again, "Can you go paint a bamboo as a hobby? Painting a bamboo will not kill~!" I just ignored her and moved on. An interesting way to start my fishing day..... After I arrived, I immediately started to cast my lures. Saw several Bass and one Pike cruising along the shore. I tried to target Pike until 12pm, then I changed to target Carp. I was using corn under a float, after the corn enter the water, the Carp started to appear. I was getting all excited since my corn attracted them to group around. But then I realized there's something wrong. They were circling my float as if they were dancing a "We don't wanna eat your corn dance". Then I saw some bottom disturbance close to shore so I slowly reel my corn to the area, within a second, my float went under..... I was all excited, then I saw a bullhead. Overall I caught two bullheads, 13 inches and 15 inches. At least I caught something today............ I'll for sure go back and try my Pike again

The lovely Toronto Downtown

P5101366a.jpg

A huge dead pike

P5101365a.jpg

Reeling in the 13 inches bullhead

P5101352a.jpg

The 15 inches bullhead

P5101361a.jpg

LOL about that lady with the dog...should have told her that even though it looks like a fishing rod, it's the latest in fencing gear. Then go to jab her dog and see what she does...:lol: j/k of course.

Sorry to hear about the carp....but that 15" bullhead sure is a big ulgy fish!!! When I'm being skunked, I'll throw a worm on a hook and bottom fish...most times I pull a bullhead out...makes me feel better....haha.

Great report!