Can anyone help out at Balsam Lake next week?

Raycaster

Its a tall order but couldn't hurt to ask.

I have a 16' pontoon boat sitting on 2X10 planks that needs to be moved.

Its a fixer upper that I'm taking home to put the new seats in etc.

It sits 100' from the water but I need it on the trailer.

Either it goes into the water and than on the trailer or straight on the trailer.

I've been coming up with all these ideas (winches/jacks,blocks etc.).

Last year there was a scissor pontoon trailer 50' away that would be perfect but not sure if its there and never been able to find the owner.

Hoping someone in the area can help or I can start looking for a scissor trailer rental.

Or I can get my old school geometry books out and jack it up, put a block under, jack it up, put a block under, winch, etc.

Wish I was closer...can't help you from here. What you need is Wile E Coyote and his drawing board. I'm sure you'll get help from any folks here who live not too far away.

Maybe a pair of high lift jeep style jacks on the front of it and angle the trailer under it as far as you can strip it down and tip eth trailer forward, then jam a log under the trailer tires and hook up to the toon and pull it onto the trailer the rest of the way with your truck. Even if you get it halfway you should be able to back it to the water if its in a safe confined area. Just be careful you don't crush yourself... not that I would know anythign about coming close to crushing myself.. and I would offer my jedi force powers, but I am being called away next weekend to help move a mountain. :whistling:

Jack it up far enough to put 2" thick scaffold planks under the pontoons. Jack it up a couple more inches,now you want to place 2' diameter steel pipes under the pontoons on top of the planks. The planks are to ensure the pipes don't sink into the ground. Hopefilly you can tilt the trailer enough to start to slide the pontoons onto the trailer, from here start to winch the boat onto the trailer. I haven't seen your set up, so you want to ensure you don't point load the pontoons on the pipes & create dents in the pontoons. We just completed a similar job at work whereby we rolled pump bases inside a building with steel pipes. By the way the bases weighed 18,000 lbs. 3 workers were able to push the pump bases into position on a level surface. Good luck

Thank you for the replies guys.

I have not been up to see it this year so hoping its not too wet underneath.

Its a tandem axle trailer so not the easiest to tilt.

Great ideas but still holding out for a 5 min. scissor trailer rental!

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Jack Reacher

Just back the trailer up REAL fast!!! :ninja:

Two "jack alls"... a 12' long 4 x 4. Lift boat nose...Trailer in place under pontoon noses...lower jacks. Move to rear of boat with 4 x 4 and jacks and lift boat level. Now either unhook the trailer from truck, or have someone back it up as the winch does the work to walk the trailer under the boat.