Yuki Ito you make me go Loco!

TheMaverick

8476776725_5273e272c7_z.jpg

once you go jdm baits you can't go back.

i have 2 3700 boxes full of them. the scary thing is, i probably have 10% of some members.

you should checkout the new megabass orochi xx rods at Pro J. You'll find it tough to find a more balanced rod for the price.

8693489809_5653ec34bd.jpg
8693490511_68982af613.jpg
8693491901_05ce3ce657.jpg

Edited by musky_hunter

The XX line up will be at my local store tomorrow, Paddletales in Winchester.

I have a Black Elseil coming in tomorrow as well and can't wait to handle one of the XX rods, wondering how they compare to the Dobyns DX series.

Edited by TheMaverick

because i have my heart set on some megabass rods to go with some megabass reels. i haven't even fished with the 714!

the recon 2 is very nice for the $. for the $170-$190 good value.

much better than many other brand in the same price range. i put it ahead of the gl2, crucial, aetos, etc...

Edited by musky_hunter

Yuki Ito is one crazy mother trucker . Works of Art! Sucks when u cast an Ito and snag her, or get toothy critters demoing them. At least (so far) I find them supppper durable!

Might take a while to reply, i'm on moderator watch looolol, for what it's worth, i share your passion for MegaBass baits.

Thanks for the feed back.

Careful with 110's in shallow water. Especially in cold water. Friend of mine has had the lip break off on 2 or 3. Some come with no split ring for line tie. Add one or attach with a small cross lock snap. Same friend has broken a couple off on small fish. No split ring, he was tying direct and figures the line rubbing on the lures eye weakened his knot.

Trick darter is another wicked ito bait.

Anyone tried rick clunn's ito knock offs? I've heard theyre great once you change the hooks.

Yuki Ito is one crazy mother trucker . Works of Art! Sucks when u cast an Ito and snag her, or get toothy critters demoing them. At least (so far) I find them supppper durable!

The toothy critters have me worried. Don't want to lose too many. :(

At $20+ a crack, it can get fairly expensive. :angry:

Careful with 110's in shallow water. Especially in cold water. Friend of mine has had the lip break off on 2 or 3. Some come with no split ring for line tie. Add one or attach with a small cross lock snap. Same friend has broken a couple off on small fish. No split ring, he was tying direct and figures the line rubbing on the lures eye weakened his knot.

Trick darter is another wicked ito bait.

Anyone tried rick clunn's ito knock offs? I've heard theyre great once you change the hooks.

We have purchased some Rick Clunn knock offs. We will be trying those in thoothy critter infested waters.

Looks like Megabass is finally catching on. Musky. Hunter and Buick you guys have not even graduated into the addiction yet. im gonna get the camera and look for some megabass baits. I almost got a megabass tattoo once.

megabass lures are great, but there are other japanese brands that offer something nice for less $$

it's nice they're making the rods more affordable, but I don't like the direction they're going with reels. Almost every reel in the JDM Daiwa line up has a MB variation and some of them are more cosmetic than performance.

megabass lures are great, but there are other japanese brands that offer something nice for less $$

it's nice they're making the rods more affordable, but I don't like the direction they're going with reels. Almost every reel in the JDM Daiwa line up has a MB variation and some of them are more cosmetic than performance.

Depends where you shop, you can even get them used at very reasonable prices.

But I agree there are other JDM brands worth buying.

Megabass reels have always been to high in price for my taste, I'd consider a Zonda but that's about it.

They have cheapened the baits considerably. You want higher end 110 baits, buy their Sw versions. Not made the same at all. That goes for all JDM baits. SW Versions are made still with the old resin formulas. As for their reels, JDM models are really not that much different anymore. Long gone are the days when you can get that hard to find reel,rod,bait,etc. However if you look you can still find some sweet stuff that is still out of reach for most.

Some of the so called NA, JDM stuff we get here is swept off the floor and packaged for NA after they build the reel stuff.