Anyone Running Mercuy's MercMonitor Gauges?

DRIFTER_016

Working on a deal for a new engine for my boat and am going to install the new Mercury MercMonitor gauge.

Anyone out there in OFC land running one on their boat?

There are 3 levels of ability and from what I can tell the middle level with all of the associated sensors and cables should do everything I need.

These things aren't cheap (about $800) but the information they provide and the ability to customize the display seems worth the extra $$$$ over the SC1000 version.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/gauges-and-controls/gauges-and-displays/digital/mercmonitor/

gauges_mercmonitor.jpg

Im running them on my Optimax. Well worth the investment. I got them from Don at europeanmarine on Bassboatcentral.com. makes it easy to fine the sweet spot with your particular setup. I would not run my engine without one now.

I don't have any experience with that unit but I will say it surely is great insurance and piece of mind after making a major investment like a new engine. It's not everyday that customers are walking into dealers buying new power plants. I would venture a guess that the dealer cost for that unit is a much less than retail. I would ask for dealers cost for that unit after dropping more than a few new 20's on the counter for the new engine. My dear father taught me years ago all you can do is ask, that's free, and there is no such thing as embarrassment while brokering a deal. My former business partner used to freak when I would after sell a small item at cost after a major purchase until he realized the gesture almost guaranteed that customer always came back and brought new customers with them. it's some of the best marketing dollars ever spent.

Here I go again, I digress once more, apologies all around.

I don't have any experience with that unit but I will say it surely is great insurance and piece of mind after making a major investment like a new engine. It's not everyday that customers are walking into dealers buying new power plants. I would venture a guess that the dealer cost for that unit is a much less than retail. I would ask for dealers cost for that unit after dropping more than a few new 20's on the counter for the new engine. My dear father taught me years ago all you can do is ask, that's free, and there is no such thing as embarrassment while brokering a deal. My former business partner used to freak when I would after sell a small item at cost after a major purchase until he realized the gesture almost guaranteed that customer always came back and brought new customers with them. it's some of the best marketing dollars ever spent.

Here I go again, I digress once more, apologies all around.

the marina I'm dealing with in BC is giving me a very good deal and are thowing in oil, lower unit oil and Mercury service manual as well. ;)