Looks like I will be doing a lot more fishing this year!

After 35 + years with the same company I suddenly find myself unemployed, not really a total surprise as it was somewhat expected.

I must say not having to get up first thing this morning to get ready for work was a awkward feeling, I` am guessing that the job market for a 56 year old who has only done one thing( sales) for one company would be a tad slim.

I am gonna take my time and enjoy this summer lots of time at my trailer and fishing and maybe see if I still have some semblence of a golf swing.

:Gonefishing:

I'm 67 and have no trouble finding work in sales (or related fields) so don't let the fact that you are 56 stop you! There is plenty of work out there if you want it!

Take a bit of time, catch your breath, then when you are ready to go back to work put those sales skills to work and go sell yourself, you'll do fine. If you want some job leads let me know, I know plenty of companies looking for a good mature sales rep.. Attitudes have changed a lot in the last ten years, many companies are realizing the value in the experience, work ethic, and reliability that older workers bring to the table. There are also a lot of other options available to you if you are interested. TIOW, SEB, I can and would be very willing to help you with any of that if you would like.

Thanks Cliff, I will look into the programs that are available I will definately need some guidance as I have never made a resume and have not even thought about this sort of thing since 1977!!!!

In the meantime I plan on spending the summer at my trailer on Dalrymple and as ATV said taking some me time perhaps 3-4 months worth!

I think I deserve that!

If your looking on line then here is a few sudjestions.

Employment Canada.

it has lots of job postings full time and part time wich could be a suitible interm solution?

Indeed job serch.

Jobboom.

Thats just a start but if you sign up to these they send you dayly job postings that suit your profile.

Employment Canada also has programs desighned for job seekers of all ages and well worth taking advantage of after all you help fund the program.

Dont forget that the E I system has changed and the focus is on finding work and retraining.Its not the gravy train it use to be for way to many people.

Don.