Pull start on Honda Atv

mikdor

I think Honda stopped putting a pull start on their machines in the last few years. One reason I'm looking at other bikes for my new one. However I think it has something to do with EFI, so it may not make a difference?

Edited by porkpie

It was always and still is an option on Honda bikes. Not too many dealers order them in without it, but you will find some that did not have them installed. Your bike may be one of the few. They go on the right side behind the removable lower plastic body panel. You can buy one from Honda for about $200. An invaluable accessory in my mind if riding alone and far from the house. If you treat your bike like a submarine, this a spot for water access, you will have to seal it up. Even if you aren't into the snorkel type riding, which I don't recommend, they are a good thing to give a try every so often,or you may have a rusted,broken, broken recoil or rotted rope at the time you need it. As sealing them is kinda difficult. Mines not sealed,as I don,t ride water unless forced. Cheers

Pork pie, I'm thinking you can still get one put on a new machine. There is aftermarket kits for some bikes also. A buddy of mine just put one on his PooPoo 2up. You may be onto something about Efi, I'm not sure on that ,another reason not too interested in it. Solid axle, foot shift, carb, with Power steering would be a sweet setup imo

Edited by mcdougy

Thanks for the help guys. Someone on another site said that if it is an American bike it does not come with a pull cord and I believe it is American because the odometer is in miles only. I am going to buy a pull cord and install it as it is a GOOD INVESTMENT and will make me feel a whole lot better 50 miles from nowhere. Thanks Again

P.S. For your information Cliff I am in South River.