Another fishing spot lost

Big Cliff

It seems every year another fishing spot is lost for one reason or another. I use to enjoy going over to a local marina for some crappie action in the spring, it was kind of a hit or miss spot but it was always quiet as not many people knew about it and it had been posted as no fishing from shore.

Well this winter I noticed that there is now a sign posted at the entrance to the marina basin. I have checked into it and yes, the do own it and can leaglly post it. I have talked to the owner about it (really nice man) and they have had to post it for liability purposes. I'm disapointed but totally understand.

Looks like we are going to have a development going in there also which could be starting this spring, some low rise town houses and some detached homes, think it is something like 28 units in all. Looks like we are going to be getting some new neighbors. On the bright side it will do a lot for our property values as they are talking high end homes and not a trailer park.

Just heard that Lunge Haven Cottages sold. I had a chance to meet with the new owner yesterday William Lu. We had a really nice talk and he has quite a few improvements he wants to make there. Up grades to the cottages, store, and increase the business. We spent well over an hour just talking about cultures, ideas he had, perceptions. Things are changing so fast it is hard to keep up with it any more. Oh well, I guess that is progress LOL.