No roe in the ganny

16sailor

I wanna see someone strip 50-75 boots in a single sitting, lol. Where do some of you guys come up with these figures?

Bill I was not stripping eggs , BUT i would clean and fillet all kept fish on my charters . Was not more than 30 - 40 minutes to clean 40-50 fish , 2 times a day 5-7 days a week . I'm not bragging its what it is .. After 2 years when me and a very few found the blue zone in 1979 , I would (people on my charters ) , kill 40-50 steels in a 4 hour charter (5 fish limit and my boat could fish 10 people easy 12 no problem + myself and 2 deckhands ) and do that twice a day , 1981 when running 3 boats 32 . 40 , 47 ,between march 10th to oct 10 we did 240 charters . Was I proud "NOT A CHANCE " but it payed for a 47 foot boat ( I had night mares about the amount of blood on my pants on the deck etc.).. Would I do it now ""NEVER"" .I only take long time customers that know I only allow catch and release out there now So do not think this can not be done .. EASY

Bill I was not stripping eggs , BUT i would clean and fillet all kept fish on my charters . Was not more than 30 - 40 minutes to clean 40-50 fish , 2 times a day 5-7 days a week . I'm not bragging its what it is .. After 2 years when me and a very few found the blue zone in 1979 , I would (people on my charters ) , kill 40-50 steels in a 4 hour charter (5 fish limit and my boat could fish 10 people easy 12 no problem + myself and 2 deckhands ) and do that twice a day , 1981 when running 3 boats 32 . 40 , 47 ,between march 10th to oct 10 we did 240 charters . Was I proud "NOT A CHANCE " but it payed for a 47 foot boat ( I had night mares about the amount of blood on my pants on the deck etc.).. Would I do it now ""NEVER"" .I only take long time customers that know I only allow catch and release out there now So do not think this can not be done .. EASY

YUP come to the cleaning station on a week end and see the carcussus pile up... i posted before from friday till saturday at noon .. 2100 kg of carcasses at the cleaning station to the dump

• 2 weeks later...

Never mind

66 - 71 4.1.1 T. Clapperton, Parks Manager and K. Sharpe, Director of Parks,
Recreation and Culture regarding Ganaraska River Fishing Issues.
Recommend that Bylaw 31/91, being a Bylaw to Prohibit the
Throwing, Placing or Depositing of Refuse or Debris and
Animal Feces be referred to Staff for review including any
other applicable or related bylaws and legislation for a level of
currency and to enact a means to prohibit and regulate the
disposal of fish remains on public and private lands with a
report back to a future Committee of the Whole; and further,
that the Municipality of Port Hope and the Ganaraska Region
Conservation Authority request the Ministry of Natural
Resources to ban fishing with and/or possession of wild roe
(eggs) in the Ganaraska River; and further, that Municipal
Staff continue to work with the Ministry of Natural Resources,
Ganaraska River Conservation Authority and Port Hope Police
to educate, communicate and maintain the Ganaraska River
during the busy fishing seasons.

Municipality of Port Hope and the Ganaraska Region

Conservation Authority request the Ministry of Natural

Resources to ban fishing with and/or possession of wild roe

(eggs) in the Ganaraska River; and further, that Municipal

Staff continue to work with the Ministry of Natural Resources,

Ganaraska River Conservation Authority and Port Hope Police

to educate, communicate and maintain the Ganaraska River

during the busy fishing seasons.

What a crook.

More garbage cans,and waste pick up,may just be the solve.Im sure they will think different,when there are less fishers,and less money at the l.ocal timmies and gas bars.

I can see it now. Well,we were doing real fine,til the dumb ass town put this dumb ass by law in. Now I got to close up my shop.Gone are the good ole days. LOL

i dont see where cost would cause a problem. they already have staff on duty for bi laws so there is no cost, just maybe a little extra work if they impliment it

I like the part where they talk about Municiple Fishing Licenses... then Later discover the costs of doing so lol