Spring Bows

moxie

Received the text Friday afternoon wondering whats on tap for the Saturday. Cleared the schedule and decided to join a very good friend of mine out for some much needed down time. Launch the boat by 8:30 am, play ice breaker out to the lake and get started on the 4 rod spread that included shallow sticks, Walleye sized boards and rods, two of them running 10 lb mono to boot.

Make our first pass in clear water and as we make the turn we notice fish breaking the surface chasing bait in the stained wash out from the creek and troll straight through it. A board fires and after a short battle we pick up our first fish. A 6 lb male. A couple more passes produce nothing so we decide to troll west to another creek mouth a short distance away and pick up another male roughly the size of our first fish.

With all four boards now running the same slow wobble type sticks our pattern was complete and with that we hit fish on every pass. We hit many fish including one that straightened a treble and shook loose. All in all we went 4 for 9 with the biggest being a female weighing in just shy of 13 lb. Not to shabby for 5 hours on the water.

While stripping fillets off the tailgate of the truck last night I could have sworn I heard the familiar and welcomed sound of a Robin for the first time this year. Hearing it again this morning while letting the cat in confirms it. Spring is finally here.

Ps. Thanks a bunch Corey. I needed that!!

Horse.jpg

Edited by moxie

Real nice fish there.

While stripping fillets off the tailgate of the truck last night I could have sworn I heard the familiar and welcomed sound of a Robin for the first time this year. Hearing it again this morning while letting the cat in confirms it. Spring is finally here.

I heard Cardinals yesterday while out. Bring it.

Nice fish Moxie - cant wait to hit the skinny water. My boats leaving the cave a week today for her spring service, then its trolling time :)

Havent seen or heard any Robins yest, but the cardinals are claiming their spots and singing up a storm - then this morning heard the first redwing blackbird of the season -a sure sign spring is around the corner.

Real nice fish there.

I heard Cardinals yesterday while out. Bring it.

Nice fish Moxie - cant wait to hit the skinny water. My boats leaving the cave a week today for her spring service, then its trolling time :)

Havent seen or heard any Robins yest, but the cardinals are claiming their spots and singing up a storm - then this morning heard the first redwing blackbird of the season -a sure sign spring is around the corner.

Awesome! It's about that time :) :)

It definitely felt good to scratch that itch.