Steelhead fly fishing video

lhousesoccer

Hey Everyone - I busted up my knee (sprained MCL, I think) playing hockey the other day, which has given me time to finally sit at the computer and go through a pile of photos.  I've been putting off assembling a video/photo slideshow set to music that I always do after our trips.  Here's the newest one I just finished.

I uploaded it in HD, so hopefully you have a good high speed connection if you want to watch it. I also embedded the other two I have made in the past, if you want to waste some more time!

If you want to waste more time, here are a couple others I made a few years back.

Edited by vtbass

Well I'll be damned, I had no idea you were a steelheader. Great video! Was "The Club" where you guys stayed? Looked nice. If so can I join? LOL! I'm headed out there soon myself for a few days of fishing, Looking forward to it

Cheers

Edited by Mike Borger

Mike ... "The Club" is a house that's owned by a members-only fishing club. The house is on the Little Salmon River in Mexico, NY. Nicely equipped - bedrooms, beds, full kitchen and cookware, living room, TV, big table for spreading out gear to get ready for a day's fishing. A guy from work has been a member of the club for about 10 years. He books "the club" for 3 days every December and a group of us go as his guests. It's alot of fun. We do a little fishing on the Little Salmon at the club but the water has to be just right to have steelhead up there. 99% of our fishing, we head to Altmar and fish the upper and lower fly zones on the big river.

Edited by vtbass

Misfish ... thanks alot. That video from 2006 with the Evanescence song was my first attempt at making a photo/video movie, and I think it's still my favourite, at least the opening sequence where I slo-mo'ed my buddies steelie jumping like crazy. These are fun to make, but it's definitely time consuming, because I take all the photos from everyone's cameras from the trip, and any video segments shot and try to sift through them into something that makes sense and is fun to watch. I always think it's really only going to be fun for those of us who were there. I never really think anyone else who's just watching will want to sit through an endless roll of someone else's fish. But, I make them and post them anyways. After I render the final video, I use a converter program that makes an actual DVD that can be played on any normal DVD player, and everyone on the trip gets a copy to cherish forever. :)

Thats some great stuff there.

WAKE ME UP INSIDE. :good:

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome - have a great trip Bill. The run has been a bit funky this year. Water levels have been lower than normal, and the bite is off. There's still fish in the river, but they have been pretty stingy. The centerpin guys seem to be doing the best, since they can cover more water and get better drifts in the slots way out in the middle out of reach of us normal fly guys. Switch rod guys are doing pretty good too.

Great vid! Will be on the Salmon in a week or so (hopefully to lay a beatdown on some steelhead)

Oh, thanks Moosebunk. I'll get right on that. I still have a good left knee I can take out. I just want to be creative with the way I do it. :P In all seriousness, some of the photos you've posted of your amazing trips (like the Tree River trip) here are what I'm trying to aspire to. I need to learn my own camera better. I also want to pick up some bigger SDHC cards so I can shoot more HD video on trips and not run out of space. Some of the video in my newest one you'll notice is kinda crappy - that's from someone else's point-and-shoot, but I couldn't take any more on my own camera because I was out of room. Maybe time for a GoPro ....

So, is it expensive to do a trip to the Tree?

Loved every bit of the first one... especially the tunes and bows... and intro. Really well done and I hate to say it, but you need to bust your knees up more often. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I'd like to take an informal poll regarding the FIRST video I posted above. Is anybody getting a copyright violation message when they try to play it?

I've had a couple friends tell me that when they try to play the video on YouTube, this message appears:

This video contains content from The Harry Fox Agency, Inc. (HFA) and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

However, I have no problem viewing it myself in YouTube. I don't understand why one user would be blocked while another isn't. Has anyone here tried to view it and been blocked?