Sport Card worth? NF

hey guys i have a larry bird basketball card from his last all star appearance in miami , feb 9-11 1990. Card is by NBA HOOPS, i was curious about how much this card could go for ( selling ) Also i have a SUPER STREAKS card with magic johnson and MJ on it, also by NBA HOOPS.

i was going thro some old binders of cards and found a lot of pokeman cards, some really nice, holographics, the old classic ones, are these worth anything? tia

You'll find that these things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. Professional dealers will obviously try to low-ball the price so they can profit. I have complete sets for the Jays for the years they won the series. What would they be worth? Who knows? I wouldn't offer them to a dealer though.

I was an avid basketball card collector going back a few years. Your Bird card would "book" at $2-$3 Max.

Back then, when card collecting was "hot" companies over-produced and the real determination of a card's worth, scarcity or rarity, was a distant thing of the past.

Not sure about your Poke-e-man cards.

E-Bay would probably tell you what people are paying, but it is really a buyer's market. For example your Bird card would probably go for about $0.05 - $0.25 if someone were to buy it.

Guest Trophymuskie

I guess I will have to wait for Jarg and Lindstron to get into the hall of fame before I can cash in of the mutlitudes of rookie cards I have for those 2. I only colected cards for a few years back then and have a lot of full sets but I do remember having a lot of those two guys rookie cards.

The problem with Sports cards , starting from the early 80's to today, is that they were and are so mass produced that the value just isnt there...

Some of the less common insert sets can be worth more, like signatures, jerseys etc etc...

I have tons of cards fron the 60's 70's and eighties...

Now if you had MAGIC cards ( first series) ALPHA, or BETA some of those cards are worth thousands.....

Dave

I was an avid basketball card collector going back a few years. Your Bird card would "book" at $2-$3 Max.

Back then, when card collecting was "hot" companies over-produced and the real determination of a card's worth, scarcity or rarity, was a distant thing of the past.

Not sure about your Poke-e-man cards.

E-Bay would probably tell you what people are paying, but it is really a buyer's market. For example your Bird card would probably go for about $0.05 - $0.25 if someone were to buy it.

well ill just hang on to them for a few more decades, lol thnx

The problem with Sports cards , starting from the early 80's to today, is that they were and are so mass produced that the value just isnt there...

Some of the less common insert sets can be worth more, like signatures, jerseys etc etc...

Now if you had MAGIC cards ( first series) ALPHA, or BETA some of those cards are worth thousands.....

Dave

nope just NBA HOOPS, too bad the companies over produced :( lol

Dave

I agree with you about early '80's baseball, but not hockey or basketball - some pretty goods sets from the early - mid '80's in hockey. The greatest basketball sets, outside the '50's, were produced in the mid '80's, Fleer to be exact.

The way to go now is with serial numbered rookie/signed cards. Hard (if not impossible) to pull from packs our days, unless you spend thousands on a case. It's really unfortunate as collecting is not done by kids much anymore, just by adults that can afford to lay out $6 plus on a pack of 5 cards.

Bring back Hoops and Pro-Set. At least the young kids could afford to buy a pack and have the thrill of pulling out their favorite player.

Edited by Dutch