Bass spinning rod

dylan21

It has all the characteristics of a quality rod for sure. There a many great rod manufacturers out there.I have never tried thier rods, but thier reels are solid. Its my experience that any rod in that price bracket, is usually made from quallity materials, and will last for years. Go for it, and post a report after you use it for a while.

After having three Okuma reels explode on me all with under a week fishing time on them ill never buy another product.

Unfair maybe, but when you pay $200 for a reel its supposed to last more than a week.

I can't speak for their rods, as I've only ever owned an older Okuma float rod. It was an awful, horrible thing but I've heard they have improved since.

Never used them or are they being used by people I fish with or at any events I fish.Not that this is an indicator of how decent a rod they are but if they were that good I am sure they would be common.Kind of like the carrot stik craze a while back,now you dont see them. Go with the best you can that is in your price range.Remember a good rod will last you a lifetime if cared for properly so make a wise investment and you will not regret it.

If you can get your hands on a C3 you'll be impressed. Myself and a couple "avid" anglers pounded them hard and really liked them compared to other in the same price point.

Biased as I may be, with folks like Scott Martin and Rocky Crawford using these rods it is only time until they hit the mainstream like other amazingly marketed products. The quality is all there.

Edited by Harrison

Had 2 okuma C3 (not 40x model) thought would be similar performance to the original cumara at the time, not even close . Although light, I never felt that rod offered anything I couldn't find elsewhere for cheaper. Not to mention both dropped the inside eyelit of a guide , closer to the bottom. Couple that with the my prior experience with their reels, and I won't b touching them again for a while. Do yourself a favour, and buy a st croix avid....not as flashy, but over the top