Cottage fun and looking for Brook Trout

chris.brock

No trail pass required on Family Day weekend. We hit the trails for 3 hours on Saturday, me, my wife, Jeff and Crissy. The Bravo left something to be desired on the faster, rail line trail. My wife rode the Phazer, I was stylin' on the trapper

100_2206_zps5ef31553.jpg

Sunday, me and my Dad went looking for brookies. We had to do alot of monkeying around to get to the lake. I had never fished this lake before, through the ice, or in a canoe.

100_2208_zpse19e6314.jpg

fire in a dead tree

100_2210_zps74e02ea7.jpg

My Dad did catch 1 brookie (no picture), but the effort needed to get to the lake wasn't justified. We should have brought snow shoes, but didn't. After getting the snowmobile as close as possible,the almost 1 km of crawling through waist deep snow and soft bogs nearly killed us, the cold wind didn't help either. I always say, even after only a 1 fish day, I always have to try/ explore new lakes, always looking for that diamond in the rough, still a great day

.100_2209_zps73b2e2ca.jpg

We did some snow shoeing on Sunday.

100_2212_zps12b0a31b.jpg

The Queen Eliz. Wildlands PP is a great area for snow shoeing, lots of animal tracks in the fresh snow

100_2217_zps194393b7.jpg

Another fun weekend in Haliburton. February is one of my favorite months. Longer days, lots of sun, and good snow and ice.

100_2218_zpscf39ee73.jpg

Edited by chris.brock

That's some great trekking!! I feel for you trudging through the swampy areas. Sweaty, cold, sweaty, cold...

yeah, the sweaty clothes from getting into the lake, really kill ya when you're standing around, watching tip-ups in - 12 temps and wind

Edited by chris.brock