Justification for why you never throw anything out!

irishfield

Being a pack rat has it's positives. I remove these bungee struts from every airplane I refurbish and replace them with chrome moly steel and die spring struts that I manufacture. Was looking for something else last night when I came across my mass pile of these things and thought... man that looks like a tow bar!

A bit of machining for the attachment end..... then what to make a hitch point out of. Found a hunk of steel that I didn't throw out, that was used for bolting together my car hoist for shipping, and it just had cut me written all over it with no need to do any welding. Drill, clean up ....

Edited by irishfield

Also from more scraps of steel... off that car lift shipping part... I have made a hitch and backing plate for the rear of the hut. It uses a cross tube so it can rotate for the movement of the towed item, with a hole drilled through it to attach a second hut behind it. Waiting for the paint to dry so I can bolt it in place.

The new irish tow bar 79.99 but wait order now,,,,,,,,, looks great wayne unfortunate for me can't make much out of old brake rotors and worn ball joints lol.

made a nifty tool for driving ice spikes in for my portable hut using a drill just to find out i could have bought one for 20 bux (welded,ground and modifyied a $30 socket)