Jan 28 2013 - LAkers

steverowbotham

Well despite the freezing rain forecasted, I headed out to KBay on Monday in hopes to duplicate my action from Friday. It was a slow start, set up in about 110 feet of water, but with the wind and freezing rain, I decided to stay anchored in my pop up and wait it out. Around 1130, the fishing picked up and I went 6 for 12 in the next two hours before packing it in. I didnt want to go home, but I had to get some sleep before the night shift. All fish came on the swammer again! Nothing huge, but good quality fish again. Kept a couple this time, and enjoyed them hot out of the pan. Just 1 fillet left and she'll be gone before dark!

486031_10151455736533092_297635678_n.jpg

391351_10151455736473092_426405458_n.jpg

nice going Steve, just wondering do you bother trying anything else when the swammers are working ? or do you experiment to see if some of your other goto lures will do the trick if the bite is hot ?

I've tried a hundred different baits out there and the swammer by X-Zone is far and away the most productive bait I've ever used to ice lakers. That said, I still always have a good selection with me as no one bait will ever be the be all, end all. On any given day the fish may prefer a different approach and it's always worth experimenting.