Never thought we'd see it again....lost fly box....

Back on Monday night, CANADIAN COPPER, bly and I headed to an east end trib for some night fishing. Somewhere along the way, bly lost her fly box. She has been stocking up on flies and jigs over the past months based on word of mouth, stuff she's read, and gut instinct. There was a lot of work in that box....and she was pretty upset at herself for losing it....not because of the money...but because of the effort she put into her collection.

We didn't realize it was gone until Tuesday afternoon. We hightailed it back to the creek while there was still some light and saw only one person there. We kept looking at the ground trying to spot it when I approached this gentleman who was fishing there. I told him our predicament and he paused....and said "Well you know...I did find one earlier this morning and I took it to all the others who were fishing and asked if this belonged to anyone...one younger man claimed it". He told us to give him our phone number and if he was able to get it back, he'd call us. We figured it was lost forever.

Well...this afternoon, we get a phone call. It was the older gentleman we saw...he said that he had it!!!! We couldn't believe it. Well, bly went back there and got her fly box back. The younger guy was there too. He explained that the box is identical to his...and when he returned home that day, he looked inside and realized it wasn't his...and he planned all the long to bring it back to the creek. He took his fly box out and it was indeed identical! Bly had two Tim Horton's gift certificates to give to them, but he refused to take it.

Anyhow...I know it's a long story, but it's one worth telling. There are some great and honest people in the angling community....

So, if either of those gentlemen read this board....THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Great stuff Cliff. I use a permanant marker and right a name and phone # inside all box lids...just incase an honest person happens to find it when I get forgetful.

Good advice Wayne....we'll be doing that for sure! She also bought a strap for it and it's now affixed to her vest so even if it falls, she'll notice it dangling from her.

Great to hear Cliff, nothing like losing something you've work hard to put together. I'm sure most anglers would have hated to lose something so important and would not hesitate to find the rightful owner.

Maureen