It was time

moxie

100_2142.jpg

I figured I'd take a break from my usual rants and offer a post in the spirit for which this board was truly intended.

I decided to take a break from life and pursue the passion I've had for four decades and acted on a "Tip" from a friend who had found the ever elusive Hardwater Crappie. Truck loaded with gear we hit the road for 1pm and head to our home lake 45 minutes away to fish an area of the lake we don't tend to frequent much anymore. Truck parked and gear on the ground we both turn to the lake and take notice to one of the stranger things rarely seen on heavily fished waters, No One!!!

As we step onto the lake we scoured the holes left by our "Tip" and spent an hour or so entertaining ourselves on some lighter action the Perch were offering until we were all set up in our target area. What was to follow truly epitomizes fishing for me.

Hovering over approximately 7 Fow and enclosed in my blind, the events that were about to unfold is what every angler hopes for. The fading light of day seemed to be the catalyst as a loner Carp, some Bluegill and Bass were followed by 7 multi-class Walleye. As the intense action and daylight disappeared, I fired up the flasher and like a portal, that ring of fire offered me a window into the world where sight and feel take on a new meaning. With every flicker and flare, target after target was realized as many Crappie were caught and many more were released to fight another day. With time being the enemy of fun it was soon time to pack up our gear along with another memorable chapter in a book that many anglers have read from. Man does it ever feel good to walk on water.

Note; There's a closed winter season for walleye hence no pictures. Caught and quickly released.

Edited by moxie