Minden Area Ice

dheitzner

Just wondering if anyone has info on any ice in the Minden area; wondering specifically about Mountain, Horseshoe, 12 Mile and Boshkung?... Considering heading up there on Saturday either on foot or with the sled (depending on the conditions).

Thanks a lot for any info,

Darcy

Just wondering if anyone has info on any ice in the Minden area; wondering specifically about Mountain, Horseshoe, 12 Mile and Boshkung?... Considering heading up there on Saturday either on foot or with the sled (depending on the conditions).

Thanks a lot for any info,

Darcy

There now. A little sketchy for the bigger lakes still. Smaller ones around 6" but some slushy spots.

Drove back on hwy 35 Tuesday. Huts out close to shore on Grass Lk. 12 mile looked iced over apart from at the marina. Mountain looked iced over apart from at the dam. 2 groups fishing on Mountain. Gull Lake had open areas and no one out at Miners Bay.

Be very careful on 12 mile and on horseshoe lake they are dicey on a good year but guys are out and doing well on the smaller lakes most have 4-8 inches even up in the Dorset area I get first hand knowledge about this almost on a daily basis if I want to !!! The bro-inlaw is there everyday and all the lakes around that whole area !!! There was still lots of slush on the big lakes and not recomended yet but like I said use discretion and you will be ok on the smaller ones and they are getting some nice fish too !!!!