Boat Vinyl Wrap

manjo39

I'm looking for a small piece (maybe 6"x8") of vinyl wrap for my boat. It's for the top of my gunnel on the bow. Sometimes when I lift my trolling motor the propeller hits the boat. I was thinking of putting a small piece of vinyl at that spot to prevent against nicks to the paint. I live near Bass Pro Shops and my boat is near Lindsay, anyone know where I could get a piece of vinyl wrap.

Also, anyone use a keel guard and/or skeg guard? I'd like to hear about your experiences with it. I want to protect those areas as well as they are suseptible to bottom scrapes. (I fish shallow alot).

Edited by manjo39

Also, anyone use a keel guard and/or skeg guard? I'd like to hear about your experiences with it. I want to protect those areas as well as they are suseptible to bottom scrapes. (I fish shallow alot).

I've got a KeelGuard on my boat and it's excellent. I put my boat right on top of a truck sized rock on Nippissing last summer and not only did it protect my boat, there's not even a scuff on the guard.

I'd definetely recommend it to anyone with a glass boat that fishes in rocky areas.

3M makes a clear vinyl tape that is perfect for your application. Detail shops use this stuff for the "invisible bra" to protect hoods from stone chips. This stuff is so durable that a stone will dent before it scratches the paint.

Check with a local car/truck accessory shop or detail shop; they might have scraps available.

Failing that, I could give you some 2" wide strips to make what you need. PM me if you're interested.