Is it worth it to own a motor boat?

sleepjigging

If you go with the 30... you'd better have some damn good bow candy to throw out there, as the boat isn't good for much else when it comes to fishing at least! The 12... you can have the time of your life, on almost any water body with some preperation and thought pattern.

:clapping: dido.

A 12-16 ft can go almost any where. Regardles of engine size 9-25 horse.

30ft you wil need to focus on a large body of water as well as have no moth balls in your wallet. It isnt cheap..

Gas/maitenance/gear...Yikes$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've had the same tinny for 20 years. Passed from my grandpa, to my dad, to me.

There's virtually NO upkeep whatsoever. Drain the fuel outta your outboard every winter (if kept outside) and replace spark plugs in spring. Minor trailer maintenance as well.. Maybe 50 bucks a year on a bad year.

Totally worth it.

The 30 footer would only be useful if you docked it and used it like a cottage. Which in itself would set you back a lotta moolah. And you'd still need the "dinghy" to fish.

Owning a boat is like owning any other form of toy; if you get the use out of it, it's worth its weight in gold.

I really miss and at times regret selling my 16 footer; but then when I sit back and think of the times that I would have been able to use it this past season; not many for whatever reasons? Priorities change and I'm hoping that someday when things begin to slow down for me; I'll have the health; want, time and money too own my own boat again.

So to answer your question, is it worth it? :dunno:

Dan.

Well I certainly don't regret buying it Dan.:thumbsup_anim: It's definitely been worth it for me! :Gonefishing: I certainly got plenty of use out of it this year, from April to November I had it out at least once almost every week, with most weeks twice a week and several long weekends thrown in. The only thing I regret is that I have to wait until next March/April before I can get it out again. :wallbash: