Musky Closer for me

Handlebarz

Rizzo I know it's rough out there this time of year with the top up that's why we just trolled. I like to call it hardcore pansy musky fishing. This was the first time I used the top in three seasons I do love it and would not buy another boat without it.

Thanks Mike good luck to you this week

I've run the bimini or full top almost every time out this year and I've logged almost 150 hours on the motor.

It's a lot easier to stay cool than to get cool, likewise for warmth.

My new boat has so many top options that it's no longer a nuisance;

- full open with top stored flat and out of the way (this required a $30 modification)

- bimini

- bimini + windshield extension

- bimini + windshield extension + side windows

- bimini + windshield extension + side windows + rear drop curtain

- bimini + windshield extension + side windows + full camper back

It's probably not exaggerating to say that the top options have doubled my time on the water on several occasions. I considered getting a buddy heater but I don't think I need it now; although, Mike could wear his shorts. LOL

I'll be the pansy out there on Dec. 15th (unless I'm in New Brunswick again) and back at it in March for salmon.

Who's coming?

Pete I forgot about all those waves yes we did eat a few of them I love the front cover It sure keeps a majority of the water out of the boat.

Frankie thanks it was a great day with Pete.

Joshs thanks there is still time for the last kick at the can.

KF Thanks yes I did have a pattern figured out I am just glad the musky hold to the same program year after year it makes things easier when they cooperate.

Slowpoke if you're hinting that I need to change the title of this thread I can do that and start a new closer thread next Sunday. My only problem is I will need a chauffeur pick up at my house Saturday morning My truck will be gone for a brake job

Slowpoke if you're hinting that I need to change the title of this thread I can do that and start a new closer thread next Sunday. My only problem is I will need a chauffeur pick up at my house Saturday morning My truck will be gone for a brake job

"Musky Closer Pre-Fish"

If I'm going, picking you up is not a problem. Maybe I'll put in a cake order too!

Nice to see you boyz ended with a bang Mike and Pete.

I failed to get out one last time since being down your way.

The weather just wasn't favorable on the weekends I could get out.

Still had a great season overall though.

Cheers, Ron.....

Pete, looking for a partner Thursday??? Nah just kidding, tough to make a one day trip on a weekend let alone on a weekday!

In all the years I have loved my wife, this is the first time she has put her foot down. As Terri put it..... "Your gonna send that whole web site into shock..... (cause Ronnie couldn't go)....."

Geesh, you think you know someone after being married to her for 24 yrs..... what a "ahem" sweetheart...... :angry:

Not so cheerful, Ron...:D

Edited by Ron

LOL that's what you get for ASKING first you would think after 24 years you would know better. Just think you could have been down here landing the third musky of the day before she knew you were missing and then when she did call you would not get the call as we all know cell phones don't work on the water.