Outdoors Card renewal messed.

jedimaster

So I just renewed my license, it says it takes 20 days to mail so hopefully I get it by Jan 1... So whats the screw up????

Well I printed out the E-license...

On the E-license which is a RENEWAL for EXPIRED outdoors cards it states and I quote....

"The products on the e-license are not valid unless accompanied by a valid Outdoors Card, and/or licence tag, and or validation tag where required...."

Now how is it possible for me to acocmpany this e-license with a valid outdoors card when this is a renewal for an expired and thus not valid outdoors card?

I sure hope I get my new outdoors card before I need to carry this one. I am sure I'll nailed for this.

The print out states.. well if you did it correctly..

E-licence

Temporary Outdoors Card Valid 2012.12.3 - 2015.12.31

Fishing Licence - 3 Yr Valid 2012.12.3 - 2015.12.31

Covers everything you need... print a few copies or photocopy them. Put one in everything you own and you'll be good to go! Carry the old card for good luck!

Edited by irishfield

No they mean the new printout is not valid without a valid outdoors card... yet its a renew for my now expired and thus not valid outdoors card. Stupid govt cant even make a temp outdoors card.

Does your print out state Temporary Outdoors Card? and show it's validity to 2015?? That is all you need, don't forget they call a birth certificate showing you are over 65 a Fishing licence!

I thi what it should say is

"This temporary E-license outdoors card is only valid if accompanied by a valid license tag and or validation where required."

in other owrds the outdoors card renewal is not a valid fishing license if you also bought the fishing license and or small game licence tag.

big diffrence from

"The products on the e-license are not valid unless accompanied by a valid Outdoors Card, and/or licence tag, and or validation tag where required...."

I am pretty sure if I got checked and flashed this to the CO the convo would go like this...

CO, "Where is your valid outdoors card..."

Me, "Its right here this is my temporary..."

CO, "It says right here that its not valid unless acocmpanied by avalid outdoors card"

Me, "OMG gimmie my stupid ticket and i'll see you in court"

CO, "Here you go, please pas me your fishing rods as you are poaching without a license..."

haha, I am not overtly worried as I am sure they will adhee by the 20 day delivery date, just like my deer tag this year that got mailed to the wrong address in the wrong city... cough cough

Read it again Jedi....

The products on the e-license are not valid unless accompanied by a valid Outdoors Card, and/or licence tag, and/or validation tag where required

The paper, at least that I printed has typed right on it TEMPORARY OUTDOORS CARD-FISHING VALIDITY 2012.12.3 - 2015.12.31

THAT is your "and/or validation"!

Technically you cannot have a valid outdoors card AND a new 3 year license. The card expires in three years as well now. So, even if you have 1 year left on your card, you will need to buy a new card to go with your 3-year license. I would just buy a new card and print the temporary e-card. Assuming the site allows that at all. It's not very obvious what's going on with that website IMO.

Assuming I understand what you're saying anyway, lol.

Edited by FishLogic

My outdoors card expired this year, as does my fishing validation for the year, so I bought the outdoors card renewal, the 3 year sport fishing and 3 year small game tag. They all show up on the e-license but for whatever reason it still says on it that the e-license is not valid unless accompanied by a valid outdoors card.

Edited by jedimaster