H.I.N help

Bassn8tor

Hey guys i'm new to this site, and pretty new boating

i got a 14' aluminum boat its a thrones but it didnt come with a h.i.n

the older couple i bought it from the man had dementia n didnt have the

boat licence papers so im unsure how to proceed to switch everything over

Only if the boat is powered by a 10 hp or greater motor do you need a Hull Identification Number. If that is the case simply go to your nearest Service Canada center and ask for the forms need to have a H.I.N given to you. I am certain that the requirements can be found with Google quite easily.

I was told at the Service Canada office here that they don't handle boat registry anymore. They suggested I just do it online. Worked ok but I did have the paper for it. Maybe we're too far in the boonies here. As was said above, less than 10 hp doesn't require registration numbers.

Thanks for the help n replys everyone, i have a 9.9hp evinrude, but my question is if i get pulled aside by m.n.r n they ask proof of ownership how do i proof it if i take his boat license off the bow, i got bill of sale with boat license # on it serial of the boat and motors serial # ect.., n i also have papers from service canada but they need h.i.n number if boat was made after 88 i think, but i do not know whether or not it was made b4 then :-s i have the thrones( as in the boat not what im sitting on lol!) serial # that is on my transom, any ideas?

but my question is if i get pulled aside by m.n.r n they ask proof of ownership how do i proof it if i take his boat license off the bow, i got bill of sale with boat license # on it serial of the boat and motors serial # ect.., n i also have papers from service canada but they need h.i.n number if boat was made after 88 i think, but i do not know whether or not it was made b4 then :-s i have the thrones( as in the boat not what im sitting on lol!) serial # that is on my transom, any ideas?

You have answered part of your question. You have the bill of sale, it is the proof of ownership. The papers from Service Canada do not act as ownership, check on their website for your own peace of mind. You can still register the boat regardless of motor size if you want to. The only thing I can suggest is that you add a well written explanation with the papers submitted that the boat is believed to have been manufactured well before 1988