Just want to share a positive experience!

Rattletrap2

First off, I have no financial interest in this company and hope this is okay to post.

A week ago Friday, my 2003 Toyota Rav4 started acting up. The transmission was slipping and it was starting off in third gear. Only 155,000km.

I made it home and searched online. Turns out this is a well documented problem that Toyota is not willing to deal with (at least in Canada). The Engine Control Module (ECM) breaks down and the transmission does not know when to shift.I found a company called Circuit Board Medics Inc. They are in Greer, South Carolina.

I have to admit that I was reluctant to remove the vehicle's "brain" and ship it Southbound. They had an excellent video showing removal.

I called on Monday morning an a fellow named Lee Cunningham answered and after hearing the symptoms, assured me they could help. He sent me shipping instructions and promised a 24 hour turn around.

I sent it FedEx overnight and received an email notifying me that they received it the next morning. The day after that, they emailed me to say it was on its way back! Thursday morning, I had it back in my hands!

They also included instructions to allow the ECM to learn the proper shift points again. It came with a 1 year warranty.

Repair cost was $225.00. A new module is about $1,800.00 and Toyota wants to install a new ECM and rebuild the tranny for about another $3,000.00!

I installed it Saturday morning and the car runs great. Never shifted smoother!

I'm sharing this for a couple of reasons. One is that they were a fantastic company to deal with and deserve recognition. The second reason is that they deal with a lot of different vehicles and also appliances with expensive circuit boards. If this helps just one more person save a few bucks, I'm happy!:clapping:

www.circuitboardmedics.com

First off, I have no financial interest in this company and hope this is okay to post.

A week ago Friday, my 2003 Toyota Rav4 started acting up. The transmission was slipping and it was starting off in third gear. Only 155,000km.

I made it home and searched online. Turns out this is a well documented problem that Toyota is not willing to deal with (at least in Canada). The Engine Control Module (ECM) breaks down and the transmission does not know when to shift.I found a company called Circuit Board Medics Inc. They are in Greer, South Carolina.

I have to admit that I was reluctant to remove the vehicle's "brain" and ship it Southbound. They had an excellent video showing removal.

I called on Monday morning an a fellow named Lee Cunningham answered and after hearing the symptoms, assured me they could help. He sent me shipping instructions and promised a 24 hour turn around.

I sent it FedEx overnight and received an email notifying me that they received it the next morning. The day after that, they emailed me to say it was on its way back! Thursday morning, I had it back in my hands!

They also included instructions to allow the ECM to learn the proper shift points again. It came with a 1 year warranty.

Repair cost was $225.00. A new module is about $1,800.00 and Toyota wants to install a new ECM and rebuild the tranny for about another $3,000.00!

I installed it Saturday morning and the car runs great. Never shifted smoother!

I'm sharing this for a couple of reasons. One is that they were a fantastic company to deal with and deserve recognition. The second reason is that they deal with a lot of different vehicles and also appliances with expensive circuit boards. If this helps just one more person save a few bucks, I'm happy!:clapping:

www.circuitboardmedics.com

Ilove how you know how to save your bucks and are not afraid to share it .... , Hows it going over your away other then that , its been awhile ... lol

Very nice RT!! And I thought that I did good by replacing my laptop keyboard by myself with on line instructions for 25 bucks.

Dan, you just have to know that this sort of thing goes completely against my very conservative nature! LOL My Wife says I'm stepping out on the wild side by taking a chance on this sort of thing. The outcome paid off, so who knows where to go from here? LOL BTW, you done real good with the laptop repairs!