an older Hearst Air trip, Quantz Lk

chris.brock

another great trip, lots of pike, not huge, but tons between 8 and 14 lbs, we found a spot we called "craddle bay" because of all the times we had to craddle pike, seemed like an evening walleye bite, one evening while solo, I caught 30 fish in less than 2 hours, mostly walleye, steady action, we also discovered a 10 km, straight lake, isn't enough water to keep us amused for a week, some jumbo perch too (no pics though)

loading up, dropped the canoe off at Mattice for a future canoe trip (that's another story though, a good one too)

100_0969.jpg

spent the night at Owen's, Dad and Cousin enjoying the sunrise, a possible, drunken bear sighting exactly in the direction they're facing, the night before

100_0982.jpg

the outfitter wasn't impressed with the tower of beer, because lots of beer = prop damage, cabins burning down, general destructiveness, etc, they spoke in French for awhile, then we boarded the plane (some type of cool, extended, turbo beaver (Irishfield?)) and we where off

100_0984.jpg

wow, even a Curado can get bugged up if you're careless, yeah, I know friends don't let friends use mono, but braid would have been alot worse

100_0989.jpg

then the pike came

100_0992.jpg

not huge, but decent and plenty, and shallow, and fiesty

100_0995.jpg

lots of solid pike

100_0999.jpg

bit of a beer belly on this gal

100_1027.jpg

craddle bay again, these are just my pics, the other guys did as well too

100_1032.jpg

no need to portage, ramming speed, no damage done, it's alot easier when it's not your outboard, this was the trip where my cousin coined the phrase, WGFUBWDFYSU, "we get _ up but we don't _ your _ up"

100_1041.jpg

Edited by chris.brock