FMZ 17 conference.

Roy

Roy, I think many locals are jaded when it comes to this topic. I have seen so much discussion about the walleye situation over the past 25 years, that I think people don't have faith that any input will be taken seriously. Over the years, I have volunteered my time to count spawning fish and rehabilitate spawning areas on the lake that I live on (when there was an active club), but have only seen the population decline. It took too long for slots and reduced limits to be implemented, the Trent doesn't manage water levels properly during the spawn,the MNR always brushed aside wishes for a stocking program and the present regs are not being enforced to the level they need to be; and those are just some of the things that can be controlled. I did not attend, because of not wanting to hear the rhetoric that tends to go along with these discussions. I know that many involved with the FMZ17 are dedicated and commited anglers (I commend them for their desire to make a difference), but I have just seen too much talk and no action in the past. However, I do hope that many attended and that there was good discussion that will result in some benefit to the walleye. I'm sure many would get involved if some results were being realized. I know this sounds negative to some degree, but it's where my kawartha mind is at with the state of the walleye population in the kawarthas.

It also doesn't answer your question, sorry Roy!

Roy, I think many locals are jaded when it comes to this topic. I have seen so much discussion about the walleye situation over the past 25 years, that I think people don't have faith that any input will be taken seriously. Over the years, I have volunteered my time to count spawning fish and rehabilitate spawning areas on the lake that I live on (when there was an active club), but have only seen the population decline. It took too long for slots and reduced limits to be implemented, the Trent doesn't manage water levels properly during the spawn,the MNR always brushed aside wishes for a stocking program and the present regs are not being enforced to the level they need to be; and those are just some of the things that can be controlled. I did not attend, because of not wanting to hear the rhetoric that tends to go along with these discussions. I know that many involved with the FMZ17 are dedicated and commited anglers (I commend them for their desire to make a difference), but I have just seen too much talk and no action in the past. However, I do hope that many attended and that there was good discussion that will result in some benefit to the walleye. I'm sure many would get involved if some results were being realized. I know this sounds negative to some degree, but it's where my kawartha mind is at with the state of the walleye population in the kawarthas.

It also doesn't answer your question, sorry Roy!

Thanks for your input, Jimmer. No, it doesn't answer my question but at least it's dialogue. Thanks for your past efforts but I understand your reticence to involve yourself again.

I have to agree with Jimmer been a volunteer for over 30 years with the mnr and there numbers just don't add up . when you question them they get all pissy and say you don't understand how it works. yes i do.the system works on money when the mnr can make the most money and also the people in the fishing industry thats what they do. just waiting for our annual meeting with the mnr and lomu to see there new numbers, only this year we have a little surprise for them ... going to make for a interesting meeting . I know some on the fmz 17 love what they do and i as well applaud them for there time and thoughts on the situations that arrive