Hunting near residential areas

Parisite

Around 7:30 this morning I was woken up by about 6 - 8 gunshots. I've heard them off in the distance as I was working outside in the garden but these sounded way too close for comfort...and I was inside the house.

I jumped out of bed to take a peak out the window and saw my neighbour (who must've been outside when the hunters started firing) yelling across school field at the hunters to go hunt somewhere else.

They weren't in the school field but in the harvested corn field on the other side of the school.

I got out the binoculars and could see these guys along the fence line on the opposite side of the field. They were firing in the direction of the houses as the birds came in for a landing in the field. The distance between the houses and their position was approximately 3 - 4 soccer field lengths.

I have no issues with people hunting but the question is: are there regulations about how close to residential areas that you can hunt?

Well that depends on where you are ?? It sounds as if they were goose hunting !!! If you live in an area where they can shotgun hunt its probly perfectly legal the shot won't travel that far anyways !!!! I live right on sturgeon lake and we have guys duck hunting 100ft from where I live I hear them every morning it's no big deal to me !!! But check your area regs on where u live and what the rules are for so called "resedential area" they may have been breaking the regs maybe not ???? .....

You can hunt on land that is zoned agriculture but you can not any where hunt on land thats zoned residential and unfortunately in many places these two zones do butt up to one another . To help eass your fears shots from a shot gun do not travel very far and the distance that you say they are away from you would leave you with nothing to worry about , besides these guy have rules and regs they have to abide by other wise they would'nt be aloud to be out there , at this point i'd say the worst that could happen would be a fully dressed goose show up at your door step ready for the freezer .

Edited by Skipper " D "

You have nothing to worry about. Before you jump to conclusions, and call the cops about gunshots, do a little research.

Your neighbour has no right to say a thing to those guys, and could be charged for any interference with a lawful hunt, so just be careful.

S.