New venture for me

jedimaster

Well, it has been a long road so far having to have dealt with lawyers, accountants, advertisers, marketers, sponsors, charities, the guberment, copyright info and so on and so fourth. The official Launch is here.

Some of you may have recall hearing bits and pieces of this, but I'll give you a quick run down. I decided that it was time to take a few of my passions and try and take a run at living the dream. My dream has always been to run a non profit youth camp where city kids can get a chance to experience the outdoors the way you and I do. Under the stars, on the lakes and in the woods. I am striving to fund this camp by running a series of adventure style races. The premier event is called Grudge Run. A 150 km 48 hour endurance race. Now I'll leave out all the nity gritty as they can be found on the website as well on the promo video... Yah thats right I even filmed, edited and directed a video, full of copyright and royalty free goodies. :) Yep I even have model waivers. haha.

Anyway here is the link the website...

www.grudgerun.com

To our facebook page

www.facebook.com/grudgerun

As for the company itself we are registered as a for profit company but on the advice of the bean counters this is only setup as a shell for liability reasons to help protect the non profit company we are setting up to run the camp.

And the long awaited Promo video... Turn your speakers on.. It took me ages to find legally free audio for the tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSLWioODTz0

and the link to share for the video is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSLWioODTz0

Edited by jedimaster

Thanks guys, even if people just check out the video it will all help as the revenue from the video will be used as a funding source to help advertise. Trying to run this on as close to zero budget as possible, and see where it can go. Any word of mouth the better.

Hey.....It looks Professional and well developed i believe you got something here ...

Very Interested in participating in the event, Your Video Looks Awesome....I will share this on Various Websites if you so authorize..... :thumbsup_anim:

Troy ~

HaHa, to be honest I was a bit flustered when I was asking her to cover herself in oil and spray some water on her for the shot so she looked sweaty. err but lets not get into that.

And to anyone that wants to help out by sharing the video and or the website on any site they want, please do so. We are relying almost entirely on word of mouth. I do have money put asside for some adwords and such but word of mouth is going to be key for this to be a success. Facebook, Twitter, other forums, emails to friends, co-workers etc... are totally fine. I am trying to get permision to post on some LEO forums and some army forums as I am sure they would also be interested in the event. Especially given that its a non profit venture.