Boat sinking on Simcoe

Luke V.

Lucky guy ! Cudos to the private pilot for noticing and reacting by calling the authorities....putting it out there...

IF ITS WINDY STAY OFF SIMCOE...Simply not worth it, that lake for some reason can change from

almost mirror lake to a swell breading monster...Be Safe Check, The Weather before going out......

Edited by Topwater Strikes

Lucky guy ! Cudos to the private pilot for noticing and reacting by calling the authorities....putting it out there...

IF ITS WINDY STAY OFF SIMCOE...Simply not worth it, that lake for some reason can change from

almost mirror lake to a swell breading monster...Be Safe Check, The Weather before going out......

Have seen it many times over the last 25 years. Sure can get scary in no time.:w00t:

Was at the cottage on Fox Island this weekend. Friday was nice, a little choppy, but nice. Saturday was absolutely crazy. Had to pick up some people for the Thanksgiving dinner and really should not have been out on the water, and this is in a 19" bowrider. I saw a guy on a ~15 footer out there near Snake Island...wonder if it was him?

This is my first year on Simcoe, and still don't know the lake well (got the cottage Aug1. and only been there on weekends). We got into some large swells, easily 6foot on Saturday...

Thankfully all that happened was I got wet, lesson learned that day that's forsure.

Stay safe