load guides/transom saver

bh87ss

Hey folks,

So I finally found and purchased my Lund 1800 Fisherman with the 150 yamaha, I have a couple of quick questions.

Load Guides for the trailer, currently doesnt have any and I was wondering if anyone out there has them on a Lund Fisherman set up and if so should I get the 2, 3 or 4 footers? Sorry trailer is a EZ Load, bunk style.

Transom saver, should I be using one while trailering the boat? any recommendations if so on make or style.

Thanks

I can't speak for the transom saver on a Yamaha... my ETEC has one built in.

If you want load guides (the horizontal ones opposed to post style), get the longest you can fit/afford. It's nice to have some of the guides out of the water when you're loading. I've seen several of the shorter ones disappear underwater rendering them rather useless.

Load Guides for sure, 3 or 4 footers would be nice.

My E-Tec has a built in trailering bracket that I use all the time.

I think Lew has a 150 Yammie. He will likely let you know.

Rick

Edited by RickOnt

You have a Lund 1800 Fisherman and a 150HP Yamaha. Get yourself the load guides. The 2 foot models should be good. As for a transom saver, they cost $50-$60. Get one. Don't be using a chunk of firewood to protect your investment. The peace of mind alone is worth it.

You have a Lund 1800 Fisherman and a 150HP Yamaha. Get yourself the load guides. The 2 foot models should be good. As for a transom saver, they cost $50-$60. Get one. Don't be using a chunk of firewood to protect your investment. The peace of mind alone is worth it.

thanks for the feedback folks, Roy quick question the motor has a bracket, so when you raise it all the way up you can drop the bracket and then lower the motor down on it, factory thing. I guess 2 things, is this good enough and do you think its safe having the motor sticking out so much. I guess the purpose of this to distribute the motor weight directly over the transom and then the bracket takes the pressure off the hydraulics?

If this is not a proper way to do it do you suggest a saver that bolts the frame of the trailer and connects to the bottom of the motor so you are traveling with the motor down?

thanks for the feedback folks, Roy quick question the motor has a bracket, so when you raise it all the way up you can drop the bracket and then lower the motor down on it, factory thing. I guess 2 things, is this good enough and do you think its safe having the motor sticking out so much. I guess the purpose of this to distribute the motor weight directly over the transom and then the bracket takes the pressure off the hydraulics?

If this is not a proper way to do it do you suggest a saver that bolts the frame of the trailer and connects to the bottom of the motor so you are traveling with the motor down?

That bracket is not meant for travel, I'm fairly certain it's meant for service.. The proper way to do it is a transom saver, they are cheap and take all the load off the transom and put it on the trailer (where it belongs)

When I've got it installed on my 115 Yamaha, the motor isn't all the way down, just a bit past half way.. maybe 30 degrees or so?