The differences between...

manitoubass2

Olympic athletes train everyday. Anglers prefer to, but are often stopped by nagging wives/girlfriends

Olympic athlete go to sleep early, and awake early. Anglers say there going to go to bed early and wake early, but the beer ingested often prevents this.

Olympic athletes often appear on commercials to promote their sponsors products. Anglers do this too, way too much, but only on certain channels/shows.

Olympic athletes are drug tested. Many anglers simply test the drugs

Olympic athletes wear shoes that took materials/testing to new levels. Anglers wear wet shoes of any kind, but prefer sandles.

Olympic athletes competitions are recorded by officials to record achievements , anglers impose their own governing body to report record catches.

Olympic athletes prefer to not take pictures of themselves in a manner which makes them look like midgets. Anglers would have it no other way.

Olympic athletes drink protein shakes to help speed recovery. Anglers drink coffee with Baileys, for no apparent reason.

Olympic athletes eat lean proteins to build muscle, and carbs to provide energy. Anglers cook everything in fat, cause it tastes better.

Olympic athletes chase the newest materials to make their equipment top notch. Anglers dont even understand technology, its obvious by the price.

Olympic athletes train in world class facilities in renowned cities. Mike Borger trains in the remote areas of the world, and every other angler awaits his return.

Feel free to add your own, just for fun.

I'm on my sixth protein shake (beer for me, polls for others sarcasm.gif) I thought it migh provide a few laughs

I gotta disagree with the early morning comment.

I've never had a hangover so bad it stopped me from getting out on time.

I've been in the ice hut at 5am still hammered from a few hours prior!

Your not the only one!

But everyday???

Maybe the difference between and Olympic athlete and angler is his/her liver???

Maybe, just maybe, on occasion, anglers have the edge in perseverance?

Edited by manitoubass2

Olympic athletes are occasionally emblazoned on the front of a Wheaties box. To an angler, Wheaties are just a last option at breading for a good shore lunch.

Olympic athletes (shot put) often throw the shot 22 meters, even though the shot weighs a remarkable 16.01 lbs. Anglers are incredibly pleased with throwing a 1oz weight 22 meters, on 16lb test

Edited by manitoubass2

I gotta disagree with the early morning comment.

I've never had a hangover so bad it stopped me from getting out on time.

I've been in the ice hut at 5am still hammered from a few hours prior!

X2. I've had to make my fishing partner drive my rig to the launch while I puked out this window.

It was duck hunting, not fishing. Same deal IMO.