NF any one here useing the new Hotspot ?

Skipper D

Your phone isn't going to do anything special, Skip.

But anyone around you with a wi-fi device will love you!

Put a password on your hotspot.

I hear ya , you make it sound like a bad thing ...... its a new kind of wire less hi speed for my computer , its every thing built into one , even has the routor built into it , Its only been out now by bell for about a month they told me , but any ways i stll can't get the stupid thing to wor , i must need to get an antenna or some thing .... lol

Mobile Hotspot isn't new, it has been out for a while now. It is a wifi signal generated by your mobile device rather than a cable or bluetooth tethering to use another device such as a laptop or tablet. It utilizes your phone's data package, so make sure you have enough data and password protect your mobile wifi hotspot, or others will use your cell data and run up your data plan.

I have a Samsung and use the mobile hotspot to use my wife's ipad and my laptop etc when away. It will work with up to 8 devices used as a wifi mobile hotspot. It works great. Turn it off when not in use or it will drain your cell battery quickly.

Mobile Hotspot isn't new, it has been out for a while now. It is a wifi signal generated by your mobile device rather than a cable or bluetooth tethering to use another device such as a laptop or tablet. It utilizes your phone's data package, so make sure you have enough data and password protect your mobile wifi hotspot, or others will use your cell data and run up your data plan.

I have a Samsung and use the mobile hotspot to use my wife's ipad and my laptop etc when away. It will work with up to 8 devices used as a wifi mobile hotspot. It works great. Turn it off when not in use or it will drain your cell battery quickly.

Thank you , you explained that better then i ever could . Now if i can figure out how to get the GPS to turn on i'd be able to see if it works on the water .... lol

I think there might be a bit of confushion here realy as to what i have , i hope not but its some thing new just out by Bell they told me in the last few weeks , its not a cell phone and has notthing to do with my cell phone , it dose have GPS , now remeber i am dum when it comes to this new stuff , in my paper work that came with it they are calling it a Turbo Hub which gives me up to 15GB , looks just like a cell phone but you can't do any thing with it other then turn it on & off , theres no wires to any thing , once turn on it gives you wire less hi speed internet , it in ables GPS with my lap top and will pick up the unit where ever i move it to , i'll keep playing with it a maybe later i can better explain it better .

Thank you , you explained that better then i ever could . Now if i can figure out how to get the GPS to turn on i'd be able to see if it works on the water .... lol

Second the explanation. We are using them at work (testing) with Blackberry devices. As was mentioned by Skipper, it uses the Data Plan. Unless you password protect your Hotspot, other wireless devices can (and will connect).

So if you regularly use a bigger device, like an Ipad/Tablet, or a Laptop with wireless, it is like you are taking your internet connection around with you. As long as the Phone can connect to the network, and has battery, you can run larger devices off its internet connection.

We had an offsite meeting last week, and the wireless at the location was horribly slow...so I used the Hotspot all day, as it was much much faster.

If I read the Bell site correctly it's $92.80 plus taxes and the other (who knows??!!) charges per month for 15 gb of data, 55.80 for 5 gb etc on the 30 day flex plan, plus 49.99 (and the usual) to buy the hotspot. Speed & coverage seem ok based on the site's info.

I use just under 5 gb/month on average (don't wanna go over that!) with NO Netflix or other movies, costs me around 82.00/month all in with the "beloved" Rogers Rocket Stick, so it's comparable if not a little cheaper than what I have now. I might be making the change myself! Need to check it out some more.

Michael

It's basically the same as a router, don't expect it to do anything except allow you to read this

I had dail up since 2003 Dan and that came when i became interested in owning a computer , now i updated my service with this thing and so far i am impressed . I've seen hi speed on others computers and could only wish up til now .

If I read the Bell site correctly it's $92.80 plus taxes and the other (who knows??!!) charges per month for 15 gb of data, 55.80 for 5 gb etc on the 30 day flex plan, plus 49.99 (and the usual) to buy the hotspot. Speed & coverage seem ok based on the site's info.

I use just under 5 gb/month on average (don't wanna go over that!) with NO Netflix or other movies, costs me around 82.00/month all in with the "beloved" Rogers Rocket Stick, so it's comparable if not a little cheaper than what I have now. I might be making the change myself! Need to check it out some more.

Michael

Bell gave me this Micheal for 50.00 bucks a month , i did say if the bill was going to be differant each month based on my useage for each month i did'nt want it , they said it would'nt change and will remain the same for as long as i have it . Now it's time for me to go figure out just what the GPS can do for me ......... lol , Thanks every one for your input .Maybe i should post up a pic of what this thing looks like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by Skipper " D "

Bell gave me this Micheal for 50.00 bucks a month , i did say if the bill was going to be differant each month based on my useage for each month i did'nt want it , they said it would'nt change and will remain the same for as long as i have it . Now it's time for me to go figure out just what the GPS can do for me ......... lol , Thanks every one for your input .Maybe i should post up a pic of what this thing looks like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Then you may end up not wanting it Skip - unless they're doing somethng entirely new fixed billing is usually limited to the first month or maybe a few, after that anything over a certain amount of usage will cost you somehow. Flex plans vs fixed plans both have their plusses - I've found flex to work best for me.

Michael