Honey Harbour

Dan668

Never fished it before, but deciding to go here or the kawarthas tomorrow morning. Have charts. I had fished port severn (little lake), last week, was ok. The marine forecasts that apply to georgian bay cover this area? They say strong wind warning but the area is slightly enclosed, just making sure it will be fishable. Thanks

Keep in mind that GPS is generally off by about a 25 foot position error... when trolling 5 mph and zigging and zagging(it's come along way since it originally was 500). Location awareness is key on Georgian Bay at ALL times. Being off by 5 feet can make the difference between the perfect structure troll-by or the perfect strucTURAL impact. I've been boating GBay since 1981 and can still find rocks. Andy's on it about 3 times a week all season long, and for as many years, running the same 40+ mile trolling runs and even he sacrificed a lower unit on his 225 to the cause 2 years ago.

I run Navionics on the Lowrance 112C AND have the paper chart book turned to the correct page at all times. There are also unmarked / uncharted single rocks in the middle of wide open areas of otherwise perfect water, so don't get cocky and just think you can motor on plane to get somewhere when you're out of the marked channel.

Read the charts.. highlight or keep a mental note of questionable areas and proceed with caution at all time. Most of all have fun... and have a back up plan to get in if needed.

Edited by irishfield

• 3 weeks later...

I was in north and south bay. Was enough water to cover for my first time on gbay. South bay we managed tons of largemouth. A few in 3-4lb range. 5 pike for the day, biggest being 8lbs. North bay was pretty unproductive. Didn't mark many fish either. Tried out my new musky rod for a bit, ti xh 9'. Awesome rod for throwing double tens. Really nice area. I'll definitely be back.

I was in north and south bay. Was enough water to cover for my first time on gbay. South bay we managed tons of largemouth. A few in 3-4lb range. 5 pike for the day, biggest being 8lbs. North bay was pretty unproductive. Didn't mark many fish either. Tried out my new musky rod for a bit, ti xh 9'. Awesome rod for throwing double tens. Really nice area. I'll definitely be back.

Where (which marina) did you launch your boat from?

What did they charge for the use of their launch ramp and parking for the day?

Where (which marina) did you launch your boat from?

What did they charge for the use of their launch ramp and parking for the day?

There is a public launch straight down from village marina (just drive past village straight to the water). Then park at Joe's parking back beside the town centre. Bit of a walk but only cost $10 total. If you have a partner just get him to drive around to pick you up at the town dock. A little time consuming but saves money, did it for a couple years.