Rod Handle Wraps (Shimano Compre)

4x4bassin

I just bought a new shimano compre casting rod and I like it but i'm not to sure about these new grips they come with. It seems that the handle

behind the reel is a little narrow for my hand and this new material they use instead of cork makes it slide around just enough to think about it !!

Of course it feels good in the store but start casting around and jigging with it and my view on these new handles change a bit.

I was thinking about these handle wraps I have seen a couple guys use and was wondering if I wrapped the handle it would solve my

little problem.Has anyone here used these wraps on there rods and could offer some feedback ?

Thanks

I really like the split grip foam on 2 cumulus rods i have, insanely light, I think they're a glx blank so that helps

1 spinning and 1 casting rod, both ML and M for finesse...they really suit me and although initially i wasn't a fan of foam i've grown to prefer it over low grade cork typically used these days

i've used tennis racket tape on a rod before and it' worked great...i also used a product marketed for fishing rod handles and seems very similar to the tennis tape, both worked great, good grip and protects the rod very well, in holders or whatever

Bass Pro sells a rod handle tape that works but stains the cork.

I like leather Tennis Racket handle tape myself.

Many new rods seem to be coming in with skeleton grips or very small diameter handles. These look sleek and that's fine in a style sense, but not much good for guys like me with big paws and a touch of arthritis.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only guy that thinks the latest handles are too small and/or too slippery!

I will add "Choice of larger grips" to my list of good reasons to support your custom rod builder!

I too hate the new EVA they put on rod's for that very reason.

Who would be silly enough to get their rod handle wet??? I don't fish in the rain. And I certainly wouldn't fish with a rod that got splashed with boat spray. And I find that if you don't catch any fish you can keep your hands fairly dry anyway.

:sarcasm: If it wasn't obvious.

Who would be silly enough to get their rod handle wet??? I don't fish in the rain. And I certainly wouldn't fish with a rod that got splashed with boat spray. And I find that if you don't catch any fish you can keep your hands fairly dry anyway.

:sarcasm: If it wasn't obvious.

:clapping:

Just think, I bet the MFG's see it that way too... :whistling: