Turning 65 , do I still pay to fish?

npt1

Hi All,

Asked this question a while back and got various answers.

I am now 65 years old and i want to fish Lake Erie next Sunday.

What documentation do I need to prove I am a senior and am allowed to

fish now without the required licence and card?

You asked this question on May 1st. 27 replies almost unanimously gave you the correct answer. NO, you do not need a fishing license once you've reached the age of 65. You must however be able to prove your age. You haven't fished at all this year yet?

You asked this question on May 1st. 27 replies almost unanimously gave you the correct answer. NO, you do not need a fishing license once you've reached the age of 65. You must however be able to prove your age. You haven't fished at all this year yet?

Easy Roy! Maybe he forgot, he is 65!

I am a resident of Quebec and from what I have just read, I no longer need to buy a fishing licence when I go to Ontario because I am now over 65 years of age. Wow!!!

Yes, over 65 or physically impaired (cripple sticker) . I was really chuffed to find that I received an extra discount for Ontario Parks admissions with the cripple sticker. What burned my ass however are the multitudes that use a pass that belongs or belonged to an impaired relative. The dick wadds actually think they have the right to do so. All an MNR officer has to do is match the name on the back of the impaired permit with the persons ID and they're busted.

• 4 months later...

I know that when I reach the age of 65, I no longer need to renew my licence. Well I don't turn 65 until May, so I went to the Ministry website to renew for this year and got a popup box saying I didn't have to. I'm not sure that's correct so I sent an email to the Ministry to find out. If and when I get a reply, I'll let you know. If they email me back saying I don't have to, you can be sure that I'll print off the email to carry with my outdoor card.