Dock Fishing Musky

Gregoire

Got out fishing with cowanjo on Saturday. We went out with his son for a bit. The plan was to do a little bassin', but we got out on the water and John's son is casting the rod like a champ. I was pretty impressed seeing as he is only 10. After casting for a bit we do a bit of trolling, but only raised one fish during the afternoon. On the way in both John and I pulled in a nice bass from the slop.

We were cooking dinner and I was casting the dock with a frog for bass. I pull one decent guy in and John comes down and starts casting. On one of the casts John says, "I see a really big fish under my lure." He is not sure what it is, but tells me it has a dorsal fin. John is not sure if it is a musky or a carp. I think it is a musky so I grab my musky rod from the boat and start tossing a slopmaster half heartedly. John see's the musky follow, but I don't have my sunglasses on and know that the steaks need tending on the BBQ so I head up. Right after I get to the BBQ I hear John shout "I got it." I sprint down to the boat grab the net and get the fish in the bag. I also managed a nice photo of John, his family, his wife's cousin and her kids with the fish on the dock.

4069ADD4-F587-4B05-AD5F-6217D39F27B9-2822-0000025B93809D23.jpg

This skinny girl came from about 2 feet of water way in the slop. We spent the afternoon cruising all around the lake looking for a ski, and she was waiting for us at the dock. Go figure, I can never figure out these fish.

After dinner John and I went out for a few hours. We managed to raise that turned on a bucktail twice, I have no idea how it didn't get hooked. I also caught a decent 17 inch bass on a topraider, which has proven to be an all species lure for me. So far this year I have 1 walleye, 1 bass and 1 musky on the same coloured topraider.

I ended up going home that night, but wish I had stayed, as John and his buddy hooked into 4 musky Sunday morning.