Laker tackle

manitoubass2

Well ive officially been hooked and cant wait to get out fishing lake trout again. Too bad the season is just about to come to an end, boooo. But i want to set up a really good soft tackle box dedicated to lakers. So the question is, what would you have in your box? I mean lures, spoons, terminal tackle, line etc. Man im looking forward to this!!!! Thanks in advance!

green is visible fairly deep in the water column, which explains why it's such a good colour, here's a graph and a link, soon as I read up on colour absorption I think it explained why black/purple is my fav colour to pull on lake O

1/2 oz jig with a white tube or grub is a must for me, if I can't get them downriggin soon as I mark baitfish or big arch's on the screen i'll pull the riggers up and jig

http://www.educatedangler.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=921

color_graph.jpg

Edited by bare foot wader

You can use all sorts of spoons, spinners and minnow baits.

I currently use a three-way rig with a MH rod and braided line. I don't own any leadcore/steel or line counter reel type setups since I don't regularly fish for lakers in the summer. So I use the three-way setup and it works.

10082716234e26c75720be664e.gif

So, if I were putting together a "kit", I would definitely have:

Sutton (Savant) Silver Spoons in sizes 44 and 72;

yhst-77146481646080_2224_26001785.jpg

Lucky Strike Half Wave Spoon in Nickel;

halfwave_31_l.jpg

Rapala floating/jointed minnows in size F-9/F-11 in black/silver and/or blue/silver;

jointed-floating-blue.jpg.

I also have some X-Zone Swammers in pearl that are popular, but I haven't had much opportunity to try them much.

32294243.jpg

and as already mentioned some Williams Wablers and white tubes.

Edited by FishLogic

I haven't caught lakers on anything other than white tubes (as I said in your other thread) but I also have only targeted them a couple times and didn't really know what I was doing.

That being said, my go-to for other trout is the blue/silver Little Cleo. It landed me my first brook trout of 2011 and many since, including trolling, casting, and jigging through ice. It also caught my first soft-water splake this weekend, so I would say have at least some of those in there. I'm confident they'd catch lakers too, I just haven't tried much yet.