Poor Ralphie

Joey

Just got a very stoned Ralphie back from the vet. He ripped his dewclaw almost all the way out at Lakair. Made the first appointment I could for him and they fixed him all up.

Gotta love a vet who puts a lightening bolt on your dog's bandage :thumbsup_anim:

7775996182_a2fcbd66cf_b.jpg

7776010426_57e128499e_b.jpg

They said it was too late to have both his removed as he is almost a year now. This one will grow back. Will just have to be careful. The cabin we were in had only gravel and no grass so apparently that's not good for a small dog's dewclaw every day :(

Hope Giz comes through with hardly any pain bud!

poor Ralphie, hope he heals up quick. but yer right Joey, he does have that look, like he's somewhere else ;)

Ralphie or Paul. :jerry::tease:

Looks like Paul just got up,and said ok,I,ll hold Ralphie. :lol:

J, yer a cruel one.LOL

Edited by Misfish

They don't take them out in your breed I guess?,I'm sure he'll be alright. They left one in my Doberman I didn't notice right away,but so far so good. Do you remember what they are used for and why they are there?.

I don't think they are used for anything really, just there, and you have to have them taken out when they are young, or apparently it is too late.

Brian, yer gonna pay for that one bud :jerry::lol:

Poor fella, here's to a speedy recovery....and of course he got a lightning bolt, he's just too cute to leave it plain :)

In some dogs, mostly racing, they use those claws for balance and grip in the dirt when they make a sharp turn.

Maureen

I hope Ralphie recovers quickly...

To be honest, I'm confused to how he got injured. Did he catch his claw on somebody's pantleg while on their lap? He never seems to be on the ground long enough to hurt himself... :whistling:

I hope Ralphie recovers quickly...

To be honest, I'm confused to how he got injured. Did he catch his claw on somebody's pantleg while on their lap? He never seems to be on the ground long enough to hurt himself... :whistling:

Hahahaha, I hear ya there Jer :lol: