Kashagawigamog help

bucktail

I hope someone gives me a few pointers on this lake as I dont want to have to type this damn name out again!!!!LOL

Anyway i am going to be on this lake this weekend looking for bass and or muskie and would appreciate any pointers on how to fish it.

Thanks Guys

Darren

I'll be there on the weekend too Darren. Staying at Kashaga Lodge.

I can give you some bass info but all my muskie catches have been incidental.

Fish the weedy bays close to deeper water. You can get hydro maps at the Minden MNR.

Good luck and say hi if you see me. Will be in kayaks.

Only been out a couple times this year, and all I can say is the bass bite is reeeeealy slow. Like bounce a worm off their snouts slow. Been finding a lot of them in 15-20 ft of water with steady drops, rocky shores with deep weed edges/drops , but none of the ones I got to commit to eating were worth writing home about so take from this info as you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we ran into Canning and Little Canning and picked up about 15 largemouth and snallmouth working shallow weedbeds and other sight fishing targets.

Nothing photo worthy with the biggest being about 2.5 pounds.

Thanks for all the help.

D

Only been out a couple times this year, and all I can say is the bass bite is reeeeealy slow. Like bounce a worm off their snouts slow. Been finding a lot of them in 15-20 ft of water with steady drops, rocky shores with deep weed edges/drops , but none of the ones I got to commit to eating were worth writing home about so take from this info as you wish.

that seems to be the Haliburton theme this year...topwater has been the best for me this year as it seems you need to annoy them into striking

Saturday I got around a dozen largies in Grass on saturday with the biggest being 15". Went 1 for 3 on muskie in the same spot. All on frogs over pads.

Sunday was about the same on Kash with no muskies but a couple decent smallies in the 17" range. Definitely no tourney winners.