Scugog Bog Hog

Master of Bait

Hit the bog with a buddy yesterday (Monday) evening. Fishing was slow for the few hours we were out, but we did manage this nice largie, plus a few dinks.

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

Just wondering how you guys (in Southern Ontario) interpret yesterday's weather.

Temp had dropped several degrees from a high in the 30s to a high of 25C, blue bird skies.

Do you approach fishing on a day like this like any other cold front? Anyone else fish on Monday? How'd you make out?

I'm just curious about how fish respond to frontal patterns when the temps are still nice and warm.

Cheers,

MoB

Very Nice bucket!

I spent yesterday evening (monday) fishing. Launched at 530 off the water at 830. For the three hours I put in I was rewarded with 0 fish. With this type of change in weather, I fished a little bit shallower than I would on a hot summer day. However I had zero success. I was fishing in the Lower Niagara River, with tube jigs, senko's, cranks of all shapes and even did some drop shotting. Anywhere from 18-40 FOW. There were multiple boats out around and near me, all having little or zero success. Could have just been one of those days. Will give it another go tomorrow night.

Tight lines, and nice shooting.

Luke

Thanks for the feedback Luke. I fished the same time frame, and although I got lucky with that bucket, it seemed the numerous boats around us were having a tough time as well. My guess is that, although the weather was nice, it was still a typical cold front type of situation. The change in barometric pressure seems to turn them off.

Good luck on the big river!

Where I was, the storm whipped through saturday evening and the time to fish was up till that time. The rest of the wknd was great suntanning/drinking beer on the dock weather. Sunday the winds were stupid and monday was a bluebird day. Of course, if you're a wknd warrior you can't pick your days and you make do but it was certainly a tough wknd for fishing weather wise.

I fished pike in the morning, early they were hitting spoons and spinnerbaits but as it warmed they headed deeper and started hitting deep diving shad raps and wally divers around 20 feet.

on Scugog?!?!?! <_<

then why would you post that in someone else's report unreladted to yours and not even on the same body of water???? :wallbash:

The OP was inquiring to anyone else who had made it out Monday as to how they did during the 'cold front' conditions. You should've read the post before making such an asinine comment.

The OP was inquiring to anyone else who had made it out Monday as to how they did during the 'cold front' conditions. You should've read the post before making such an asinine comment.

Wow, I know I'm an ass but didn't know I was upgraded to ass09 :rolleyes:

*edit to add* I did read the OP post prior to my reply.

Edited by GBW