Prince Craft Seat Brackets

Big Cliff

My son came for a visit this weekend, so Saturday evening we decided to head out and see if we could scare up a few fish.

We had just got to one of my favorite spots and got set up. I sat down in the seat, leaned back and SNAP, the both seat brackets snapped of between the seat and the back of the seat dumping me on my back on the floor of the boat. My head barely missed the rear casting deck and I knocked the wind out of myself but apart from that no serious damage to me anyway. It is a good thing my son was with me because I needed help getting back to my feet, I hate to think what might have happened if my tackle box had been sitting on the floor at the back where I normally keep it, I went down quite hard.

The brackets are plastic and the boat is only two years old and has always been stored inside, I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the plastic brackets? I am going to try to contact Prince Craft tomorrow and see if I can get a new set, I don't know if they will cover them under warranty or not. I am a little concerned and wonder if this is a known problem or not. Had my son not been with me and I had hit my head I could have been in serious trouble.

Any feedback?