QEW to 400 N

seanik

I don't think 680 has aerial traffic all day, just am and pm rush. I think they do like everyone else during the day, RESCU and MTO traffic cameras ;) that and caller reports

speaking of which, I understand Apple is smart and thinking of leveraging their user base in conjunction with the Tom Tom traffic app for real time, up to date traffic conditions.

if you look at a map, QEW- 427- 401- 400 is the most direct, I use this route alot, that time of day you'll be ok

like Solo mentioned, I too would like to hear more about your Flindt Landing fishing trip. Sounds like the train is fun. What's the cost of the train? How much gear do they allow on the train?

if you look at a map, QEW- 427- 401- 400 is the most direct, I use this route alot, that time of day you'll be ok

like Solo mentioned, I too would like to hear more about your Flindt Landing fishing trip. Sounds like the train is fun. What's the cost of the train? How much gear do they allow on the train?

Thanks to Everyone for all the advice on getting to the 400,

This is the 2nd yr for Flindt Landing Camp, Heathcote is a classic Western , Ont lake with many Islands and continuess rock faces. heathcote is 17 miles long and only 1/2 mile wide. The water is tannin stained which results in an almost black colored Walleye. A worm harness with a crawler trolled in 12-15' caught many 16-20" walleyes each AM. There are only 4 cabins on Heathcote Lake which is part of the Wabakimi provincial park and can only be reached by train , a fly in or paddle in by canoe or kayak. The Flindt Landing website spells out the history and whats offered at the camp and based on my expierence last year, what is stated is what you get and more.

The train trip from Capreol (near Sudbury) to Flindt Landing takes about 18hrs and the cost for senior economy coach is about 254.00 round trip. We preferred a sleeper berth with meals because if the train is full it's a long tough trip for us old timers. We waited out via rail for their discount sale and booked a sleeper berth with meals for 472.00 round trip.

The baggage allowance is very generous, each person is allowed 3 checked bags and 2 carry ons, the checked bags can weigh up to 50 lbs and be 4' long and they really don't adhere strickly to the weight limit. The meals are high quality, a great observation car and club car are available for your use. Via rail's website is very informative and trips can be booked on it.

I will post a report on this years Flindt Landing trip upon returning.

Seanik

Thanks to Everyone for all the advice on getting to the 400,

This is the 2nd yr for Flindt Landing Camp, Heathcote is a classic Western , Ont lake with many Islands and continuess rock faces. heathcote is 17 miles long and only 1/2 mile wide. The water is tannin stained which results in an almost black colored Walleye. A worm harness with a crawler trolled in 12-15' caught many 16-20" walleyes each AM. There are only 4 cabins on Heathcote Lake which is part of the Wabakimi provincial park and can only be reached by train , a fly in or paddle in by canoe or kayak. The Flindt Landing website spells out the history and whats offered at the camp and based on my expierence last year, what is stated is what you get and more.

The train trip from Capreol (near Sudbury) to Flindt Landing takes about 18hrs and the cost for senior economy coach is about 254.00 round trip. We preferred a sleeper berth with meals because if the train is full it's a long tough trip for us old timers. We waited out via rail for their discount sale and booked a sleeper berth with meals for 472.00 round trip.

The baggage allowance is very generous, each person is allowed 3 checked bags and 2 carry ons, the checked bags can weigh up to 50 lbs and be 4' long and they really don't adhere strickly to the weight limit. The meals are high quality, a great observation car and club car are available for your use. Via rail's website is very informative and trips can be booked on it.

I will post a report on this years Flindt Landing trip upon returning.

Seanik

THANKS.......would LOVE to hear more about this....do you have any websites you could PM me.

Bob