Algoma Country Walleye

solopaddler

Thank you gentlemen, glad you enjoyed!

Quetico and giant smallmouth bass... I'll be the guy paddling the SportsPal, lol!

So you want to paddle a garbage scow in Quetico HAHA!

It's on the agenda buddy, here's hoping we can fine hone your paddling skills starting in about 3 weeks. ;)

another great report Solo., looks like walleye city in there

I agree about Martin and Parks Fly-in, awesome fishing and the cheapest prices, the drive is easier and prettier than Nakina. I just got back from Cam Lake/ Little Missinaibi with Parks, we had a great week, I'll post a report when I get a chance

Would love to hear about Cam lake Chris!!

I think I passed "stoked" about the beginning of June. We fly into Abbey Aug 26th for a week. Seems like it will never get here. :)

I'm excited for you Al, you guys will love it.

I beleive I had the original garbage scow! Mike and I distroyed our backs portaging an old repaired aluminum Grumman that was weighed down with cheap, dull camo spray paint, about 15 years ago. It had to weigh in excess of 80 lbs and was hideously ugly, to add insult to the arduous task of carrying it. That pig also irrepairably damaged my brother-in laws back.... It has since been retired to a lake that will remain unnamed but boasts great big specks on a good day, and will likely never be revoved from there. It's the type of boat that doen't need to be locked up :rolleyes:

Emanuel, my first born son, and I joined Mike and Reily on this wonderous walleye walkabout. It was the perfect trip to bring the kids along, first because they didn't take up too much room in the cabin, and also because the walleye fishing was consistantly hot and predictable. Emanuel managed to break 7 lbs on the first afternoon and because the action was so regular, became very proficient at detecting the light tap of the walleye bite, even the few times the fishing slowed down.

Thanks Mike for the report and allowing me to relive the adventure. Emanuel has been away at his grand parents' since we got out of Ribes, so I am looking forward to showing him all of the footage!

I hope we can do something like this together again sometime soon. :tease:

I beleive I had the original garbage scow! Mike and I distroyed our backs portaging an old repaired aluminum Grumman that was weighed down with cheap, dull camo spray paint, about 15 years ago. It had to weigh in excess of 80 lbs and was hideously ugly, to add insult to the arduous task of carrying it. That pig also irrepairably damaged my brother-in laws back.... It has since been retired to a lake that will remain unnamed but boasts great big specks on a good day, and will likely never be revoved from there. It's the type of boat that doen't need to be locked up :rolleyes:

Emanuel, my first born son, and I joined Mike and Reily on this wonderous walleye walkabout. It was the perfect trip to bring the kids along, first because they didn't take up too much room in the cabin, and also because the walleye fishing was consistantly hot and predictable. Emanuel managed to break 7 lbs on the first afternoon and because the action was so regular, became very proficient at detecting the light tap of the walleye bite, even the few times the fishing slowed down.

Thanks Mike for the report and allowing me to relive the adventure. Emanuel has been away at his grand parents' since we got out of Ribes, so I am looking forward to showing him all of the footage!

I hope we can do something like this together again sometime soon. :tease:

Good to see you on the board buddy, didn't even know you were a member!

And yes I remember your garbage scow quite well.

(btw "Fontinalis Hurtubise"? HAHA! Nice :D )

I missed this one somehow. I am impressed by not only the numbers but the size. That looks like fantastic fishing on a beautiful spot. Good to see that you took some time away from the fishing to enjoy the area. It looks like a breathtaking view from up on the rock.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike you're a stand out example of how to inspire the next generation of anglers and a great father. I will look back at your adventures for inspiration when I have my own little one (likely ones) to introduce them to this wonderful passion we all share.

Thanks!

Mike, like always your trips and your reports make me almost feel like I was on the trip with you! Sounds like you had a fantastic trip with your daughter and that is some thing that you and your daughter will never forget.

It really makes me wounder, how you always manage to find these special places you are 411 and travel Ontario all roled into one, but my main problem is that you have just added a new place on my must do trip list!

So now, how do I find the time and talk the wife into letting my son and I go that is the question?

Please advise on your secret of how you manage that. :)

This thread won't die. Glad you liked it guys!

It really makes me wounder, how you always manage to find these special places you are 411 and travel Ontario all roled into one, but my main problem is that you have just added a new place on my must do trip list!

So now, how do I find the time and talk the wife into letting my son and I go that is the question?

Please advise on your secret of how you manage that. :)

Thanks for the kind words John. My wife wants me to take the kids away. Anywhwere, she doesn't care.

She usually helps me pack.

:D