5 bolt trailer rim

davey buoy

Other than re-tapping and inserting a heli coil,any other ideas how to get the one bolt tight. I guess a new hub would be the ideal answer. It's only one bolt ,any other ideas?

How about going the other way and putting a stud in from the back and then the nut goes on from the front, pretty sure Princess Auto has different sizes.

How about going the other way and putting a stud in from the back and then the nut goes on from the front, pretty sure Princess Auto has different sizes.

That's a great idea,but my ez-load trailer has brakes. The holes are inward, I don't think that idea would work. A normal hub you could do that. Was thinking of using Loctite,but I'd have a heck of a time getting it out later.

I hate to say anything other than original equipment in great condition, but you wouldn't be the first guy to tap a bolt. There is alot of metal to work with to get a good grab with the oversized bolt..

i just mentioned the differnent sizes as to avoid a DOH :wallbash: on the side of the highway a year after your forget you did it!!

Common hubs are cheap, quick and simple to install. Save yourself the headache and pick one up at princess auto,a complete kit.

In my trade ive seen so many jimmy riggens gone wrong, and the "can you fix this temporarily so i can get home?, i will fix it there.". If I got a nickel for every time Ive heard that, OMG !!!!!