I've been a busy boy

bigugli

Here I thought that I would have lots of time to fish in the summer. I guess farming, for a hobby, has taken too much time. It has been very satisfying.

Despite the drought, I'm experiencing bumper crops.

DSCN3735.jpg

DSCN3738.jpg

DSCN3739.jpg

DSCN3740.jpg

DSCN3737.jpg

DSCN3736.jpg

And summer means canning season.

DSCN3732.jpg

DSCN3734.jpg

By the by, Casey is full size now. All of 10 lbs.

DSCN3733.jpg

I may be busy, but it sure is fun.

It all looks good Bruce . You definitely have a green thumb :thumbsup_anim:

BTW I just pulled up the first garlic bulb from the garlic you gave me last fall to grow. I used it along with some of my fresh basil and fresh tomatoes and we made an awesome Bruschetta :thumbsup_anim:

Since you have it all figured out...when and how do you suggest I harvest/store my garlic crop?

It all looks good Bruce . You definitely have a green thumb :thumbsup_anim:

Since you have it all figured out...when and how do you suggest I harvest/store my garlic crop?

My garlic was already harvested back in June, but there is no set date. You should pull the garlic once the leaves have 1/2 turned brown, quickly rinse off any loose dirt, and let them dry for a couple of days. You can store them with the stalk on or off.

My garlic was already harvested back in June, but there is no set date. You should pull the garlic once the leaves have 1/2 turned brown, quickly rinse off any loose dirt, and let them dry for a couple of days. You can store them with the stalk on or off.

Thx Bruce. I was waiting until the tops had all died down :wallbash: I'll try to remember your advise for next year. I'll get them harvested next week sometime and save the best ones for planting this fall for next years crop. :thumbsup_anim:

We did some beets up this past weekend. Sorry Lew,can you tell Dianne, we used her jar,,,,,,AGAIN.LOL

Hey Brian, Diane says if she ever gets her jar back, she'll expect it to be full of beats :lol: