Vibrax glow in dark spinners

redpearl99

Only glow baits I have ever done well with are spoons off the pier or casting from a boat at night for salmon.

Not saying glows would not work for other species at night, but I prefer Black/Dark Profile larger baits.

I like Vibrax spinners, but don't waste your money on ones with painted/decalled blades.

From my experience (easily 20+ vibrax spinners) painted/decalled blades ALWAYS have the paint chip off within a couple dozen casts. By this I mean casts that only encounter water. No rocks, no boat, no weeds, nothing, just water. Last year I emailed the President of Blue Fox, which is Normark, which is Rapala, etc to enquire about this constant problem with the quality of their product. The response I got was to mail the lure(s) to them at my expense and then they would ship me another. Why would I waste my money to ship it to them, when it costs about the same to buy a new one?

My advice: try to find something similar but in a Panther Martin. I've never been disappointed with their products or service

I've spent decades fishing after dark and have always done very well, and have never used glow in the dark type lures.

Use baits that give off good vibrations and slow down your retrieve and you'll do just fine.

I have not used Blue Fox glow in the dark spinners but I have used Mepps glow spinners and they worked at the Notty. The Mepps glow paint is not bright, just a subtle glow that makes them slightly more visible. The fish species that respond best to Glow paint are Salmon and trout. Personally it's glow spoons that really perform for me and the fish species that likes them best are staging Chinnooks in the lake. I have had good success with commercially produced glow in the dark Hot Shots, Lymans, Kwikfish, and Hot-n-Tots, all for Chinnies. My best glow in the dark producer though is a glow in the dark J-13 painted with glow in the dark paint (on the bottom of the lure) by me. :canadian:

I'm embarrassed to say that this idea never even entered my mind... :wallbash:

But now that it has, where is my girlfriends nailpolish!!! :w00t:

http://www.csipaint.com/products/uv-fishing-lure-paint/uv-fishing-lure-paint.asp

http://www.luremakin...last_liquid.htm

Easy to apply, other options are available from this provider.

Edited by zamboniwaterboy

I have done really well on the Mepps glow #5's, caught everything on them - bass, pike, walleye and even muskies. My first tiger muskie actually was caught on one. The funny thing though - not AT NIGHT! I think the fish don't see the white blades as often, and sometimes that something different gets them to bite.

Peter

That Cdn Tire paint is UV paint which is different than glow paint. UV paint is invisible to our eyes but visable to fish and other creatures. We can see glow paint and it applies to nightime fishing or fishing in stained water, or really deep I would think.

I'm sure the glow vibrax will work. Give it a try, its the only way to know for sure. But like others have mentioned, non glow lures might work better. Try shallow running stick baits. Most times you want your presentation above the fish. Sometimes closer to the surface than to the bottom. I've fished places where you could catch fish all night on topwaters...