Question searching for Nostalgia NF

bushart

I'm too young (thank God) to remember the 70's and most of the nostalgia that went with it.

But I do remember, and LOVE, drinking soda from glass bottles when I was younger. Which is kinda funny - because now I LOVE drinking my beer out of glass bottles LOL

Thanks pal, most of us were talking about the 60s!, maybe earlier! :rofl2:

Personally, I enjoy my brews from a glass, though.....:thumbsup_anim:

I still have my original 300 and the glass rod. It was my first, very own, rod and reel

I still have a cork handled red coloured glass rod and Johnson Skipper reel (does'nt work so great anymore)---was the 1st outfit my Dad bought me in 67

I'm not a hoarder by any stretch---but ya never get rid of those things

And once in a while I make sure I put a Red rod in a paintin

osco - Copy.jpg "Obsessive Compulsive"

I've still got the first spinning reel that I bought with my own money, a JW Young Ambidex #4, everyone has Mitchell 300's back in the early 60's , I wanted something different :whistling: My dad was a avid fisherman and tournament caster, so he got me good stuff when I was younger, my very first spinning reel back in the late 50's was an Airex Spinster, built by the Lionell model train people :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by dave524

Love Vernors. I get mine at Metro. Killer with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream (the real stuff). A treat for me once in a blue moon.

My girls do not drink pop, but I got a good chuckle when each of them had their first sips of vernors :)

O-Fish-All Vernors update

I called a local Metro store---thinkin if they carried down south then maybe???

Apparently they tried and are unable in this area---so I'll see if the bros will deliver

IF not, I have a good deal with some couriers. Just let me know.

Love Vernors. I get mine at Metro. Killer with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream (the real stuff). A treat for me once in a blue moon.

My girls do not drink pop, but I got a good chuckle when each of them had their first sips of vernors :)

Haven't had it in a long time but remember it being pretty zippy for a ginger ale, closer to the old ginger beers.