Island Lake fishing tournament

Just curious, did anyone enter it? If so, how was it?

I was fishing island lake in my Kayak friday and I kept seening these bass boats in the water. I joked with my friend that they were entering the big tournament the next day, then when we were leaving I saw a sign for the big tournament the next day.

It seems like a small lake to be holding a bass tournament but I guess the strict catch and release policy puts less pressure on the fish the other 364 days of the year.

Nope, I wasn't there....but would have been nice to try it out. Fun little lake for sure....too bad they kick you out in the evenings....would be a great spot to hit after work if you could stay later and make the drive worthwhile.

Nope, I wasn't there....but would have been nice to try it out. Fun little lake for sure....too bad they kick you out in the evenings....would be a great spot to hit after work if you could stay later and make the drive worthwhile.

My thoughts exactly. Looked like a great lake when I was there puttering around. Its a shame I didn't know about the tourney. I probabally would have entered for fun. The fact that 5+ pound bass come out of there is awesome.

See what you misseed 27 years ago. We use to just park off the side of hwy 10,and fish all night.Back then,we were also getting nice brown trout.

Yep, they are looking for the biggest fish. Interesting way they do it --- they score it based on one point per gram, and one point per millimeter. So a 4lb fish is 1814.4 grams and measures 406 mm the total score is 2220.4.

They pay out $2500 for 1st, $1000 for 2nd, $500 for 3rd place (for bass), and also have $100 prizes for biggest pike, crappie and perch.

Still looking for the 2nd and 3rd place fish, but can't find them.....really not a bad little tournament I think.