Tackle shop in scarborough?

jedimaster

I seem to recall about 3 or 4 years ago going to a tackle shop in scarborough that had a pretty good selection of musky stuff. Does anyone know where that was and if its still in business? I want to say it was south of the 401... a fairly narrow store but very long isles Musky stuff was in the back right and left hand corners...

A couple of tackle stores south of the 401 in Scarborough have closed down. Rerries was on Kingston Rd. in eastern Scarborough; it was more squareshaped though. There was one at Eglinton and Warden area; I was never there but I think the owner may be an OFC member.

Tightlines and Al Flaraties sp both had stores in Scarborough at one time. But that would be more like 14 year or more ago.

We still have Lucky's at Sheppard and Midland; AV tackle at Sheppard and Shorting (between Markham and McCown). Both of these are north of the 401.

Eglington and Warden sound slike the area i was thinking. Guess they aren't around anymore. Couldn't find the musky or Bass stuff I was looking for at proJ, AV or Lucky last night. Will have to bite the bullet and go for a drive. Maybe I'll take an extendo lunch today.

Edited by jedimaster

I seem to recall about 3 or 4 years ago going to a tackle shop in scarborough that had a pretty good selection of musky stuff. Does anyone know where that was and if its still in business? I want to say it was south of the 401... a fairly narrow store but very long isles Musky stuff was in the back right and left hand corners...

Sounds like the store on the east side of Kennedy Rd just below Hwy 7

Sorry...the name escapes me...(it's me age don't you know...as Nanook used to say...)

Oh, not bass city, I have been there. Maybe it was in pickering... not too sure really. My mind has slipped a bit I guess, but in my defense I only went there once.

Pretty certain south of the 401, somwhere between DVP and lets say Gagnon's. Not Lucky, AV, or JB's... not the one that used to be on Kingston road either. It would have been open in 2008 for sure, because I have pictures of a few musky I cuaght with those lures the weekend I bought them.

Edited by jedimaster

Oh, not bass city, I have been there. Maybe it was in pickering... not too sure really. My mind has slipped a bit I guess, but in my defense I only went there once.

Pretty certain south of the 401, somwhere between DVP and lets say Gagnon's. Not Lucky, AV, or JB's... not the one that used to be on Kingston road either. It would have been open in 2008 for sure, because I have pictures of a few musky I cuaght with those lures the weekend I bought them.

I think your thinking of Tightlines in Pickering... south of the 401 on Brock... the musky section is located on the right hand side of the store, towards the back... and last time I was in there, a couple of months ago, they had plenty of musky lures...

HH

Edited by Headhunter