Service manual for 1988, 55 HP Suzuki outboard

Big Cliff

I need to find a service manual for a 1988, 55 HP Suzuki outboard Mod. 55TC, and in particular the power trim or detailed information on servicing the power trim.

I've tried searching for one on Google but no luck so far, can anyone help me?

Thanks

Big Cliff

Boy I didn't realize how little information was available on line regarding servicing power trim systems. I spent many hours on line trying to get anything that might help me but so far nada.

Roy; I'd be willing to buy the service manual as long as I was sure the information on servicing/repairing the hydraulic portion of the power trim is in it.

MTP, Thanks, even if I can just find out the proper procedure for draining, refilling, bleeding the system, that would be a big help.

Sinker, You are right, Matt is a really nice guy but he is as much in the dark as I am. He has offered to look at it but that won't be for at least 3 more weeks and then who knows how long it might take for him to fix it, he is always so busy. I tried to get it into him last year but he just never had time.

I'll keep trying! :rolleyes:

How about the guy at the prop drop, just south of #7 on #35? He's a pretty good marine mechanic. ...........has been good to me anyways.

Did you check Robinsons Marine? They should be able to get you one, if they don't have it. Very helpful in there as well.

I know nothing about power trim, so I'm of no help, but if you need a hand with something don't be afraid to ask.

If your boat isn't up and running for the start of fishing, I'm sure we can work something out to get you on the water ;)

Sinker

Sinker, that is a very kind offer, I'm sure we'll hookup one way or the other.

A very nice man at Buckeye marine was able to give me some advice on what to do, I'll give that a try in the next day or two and see if that resolves the problem.